In new court filing, ICE says it has no plans for Newport facility, asks judge to dismiss lawsuit. Newport says “Promise”
Lincoln Chronicle [Unofficial]
March 4, 2026
The city of Newport has so far racked up $184,000 in legal fees fighting plans for Oregon's first immigration detention facility as the Department of Homeland Security looks to end the legal battle.
The post In new court filing, ICE says it has no plans for Newport facility, asks judge to dismiss lawsuit. Newport says “Promise” appeared first on Lincoln Chronicle.
Discussion in the ATmosphere