{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiefn6pdn3gdjdcg2exygueq6tomlhpcyg6ttpgeunyooh6gvxvgme",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:sl2hrcwo6voaorzsr26d3bo2/app.bsky.feed.post/3mjulkihffgy2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreifuqini4kqaahlw5c6k7ukgfjyqarhepcelcrmgiiqcv63v3jqpfe"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 27752
  },
  "description": "Ben Roberts-Smith issues first statement after his release from Sydney jail on bail.",
  "path": "/face-of-the-day-1459/",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-19T18:30:35.000Z",
  "site": "https://goodoil.news",
  "tags": [
    "ABC.net.au",
    "Read More"
  ],
  "textContent": "> Decorated war veteran Ben Roberts-Smith has publicly denied all allegations against him, vowing to use a criminal trial to clear his name.\n>\n> The 47-year-old addressed the media on the Gold Coast on Sunday, categorically rejecting the charges of war crime of murder.\n>\n> The former soldier said his case was “unprecedented”, describing his arrest at Sydney Airport earlier this month as a “sensational” and “unnecessary spectacle”.\n>\n> “For the past 10 years, my family and I have been subject to a campaign to convince Australians that I’ve acted improperly in my service in Afghanistan,” he said.\n>\n> “As I’ve always maintained, I categorically deny all of these allegations, and while I would’ve preferred these charges not be brought, I will be taking the opportunity to finally clear my name.”\n>\n> ABC.net.au\n\n> “I have never run from a fight in my life. I will never give up and I will always be in the fight.”\n\nRead More",
  "title": "Face of the Day",
  "updatedAt": "2026-04-19T18:30:34.882Z"
}