{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreicgb7f4mx4jdjm2ekfloizitc6iwcbt4f3twnovulunoev7v6zj3i",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:qdzcgmgri7npfs46puqpnnjo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mm35uaezke62"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreigi2vbuwh2cwtq47bsqnfajvihxony3piua6lrsrezxt45e7s35bu"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/webp",
    "size": 140350
  },
  "path": "/news/2000944/section-144-imposed-throughout-balochistan-for-one-month",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-17T18:09:26.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.dawn.com",
  "tags": [
    "Pakistan",
    "martyred",
    "armed attack"
  ],
  "textContent": "QUETTA: The Balochistan government on Sunday imposed Section 144 across the province for a month.\n\nIn a notification available with _Dawn_ , the provincial government imposed a complete ban on gatherings of five or more than five persons, including sit-ins, processions, or rallies throughout the province for 30 days, effective immediately.\n\nThe ban also extended to covering faces in public places, “particularly through the use of mufflers, masks, or any other means that obstruct identification”, as well as the display or use of weapons, pillion riding, tinted glasses on vehicles and using unregistered motorcycles.\n\nIn light of the development, Special Assistant to the Home Department Babar Khan Yousafzai, in a statement, said that security had been placed on high alert.\n\n“If _Fitna-al-Khawarij_ and _Fitna-al-Hindustan_ make any attempt of any misadventure, they will be met with full force,” he said, adding that security forces remained ready to thwart such attempts and all institutions remained on high alert.\n\nThe state uses the term _Fitna-al-Khawari_ j for terrorists associated with the proscribed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan, while _Fitna-al-Hindustan_ is used for Balo­chistan-based terrorist groups.\n\nIt should be mentioned that on Wednesday, five soldiers, including a major-ranked officer, were martyred during an area sanitisation operation in Balochistan’s Barkhan district.\n\nIn April, nine people working at a copper and gold project site in Chagai district were killed in an armed attack by unidentified assailants, according to officials.",
  "title": "Section 144 imposed throughout Balochistan for one month"
}