{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreif5vs6v63ry26rhyw6aag7keszxdxwqpvb63x2xkk7mqkxlfge74m",
"uri": "at://did:plc:qdzcgmgri7npfs46puqpnnjo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mksrk6modks2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreien6uottzscccztw5djmdinf7kdtix5ouloy7x33ond27yaa5gexm"
},
"mimeType": "image/webp",
"size": 35822
},
"path": "/news/1996711/trump-says-he-is-not-satisfied-after-iran-delivers-new-proposal-for-peace-talks",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-01T17:32:59.000Z",
"site": "https://www.dawn.com",
"tags": [
"World",
"said",
"hosted"
],
"textContent": "Iran delivered a new proposal for peace talks with the United States via Pakistan, state media reported on Friday, with US President Donald Trump saying that he was “not satisfied” with what had been put forth.\n\nThe text of the proposal was handed to Islamabad on Thursday evening, the _IRNA_ news agency reported on Friday.\n\nHours later, Trump spoke to reporters at the White House, saying, “At this moment, I’m not satisfied with what they’re offering.”\n\n> The US president said that the Iranian leadership was “disjointed”, “had a lot of problems” and “were not getting along with each other”.\n\n“But we have just had a conversation with Iran. But I will say I am not happy,” he said.\n\nAsked why he was unsatisfied with the Iranian offer, Trump said: “They’re asking for things that I can’t agree.” He gave no details.\n\nTrump said Iran had “made strides” in negotiations, but added that there was “tremendous discord” in the Islamic republic’s leadership and warned: “I’m not sure if they ever get there.”\n\nTrump was asked what he would do if there was no deal but refused to say whether he would launch more strikes.\n\n“Do we want to go and just blast the hell out of them and finish them forever — or do we want to try and make a deal? I mean, those are the options,” he said.\n\nTrump added that he would “prefer not” to launch a huge offensive but added: “That’s the option: do we want to go in there heavy and just blast them away or do we want to do something?”\n\nHe was also asked about blowing past the 60-day deadline set out in the War Powers Act for getting congressional approval for the war and claimed that the notion that he would need approval was “totally unconstitutional.”\n\n“Also, we had a ceasefire, so that gives you additional time, but no other country has done it,” he said. “We’re in the midst of a big victory. This is a victory like we haven’t had since Venezuela.”\n\nHe also repeated his prediction that oil and gas prices would fall when the war ends.\n\nDuring his talk, Trump also said he had “great respect” for Pakistan, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Chief of Defence Forces and army chief Field Marshal Asim Munir.\n\nOn Thursday, Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson Tahir Andrabi said diplomacy to end the US-Iran conflict was continuing, with Islamabad maintaining its role as a facilitator between the two sides despite an apparent impasse in talks.\n\nNegotiations between Washington and Tehran remain stalled, with both holding firm positions even as a fragile ceasefire continues. The truce, initially brokered by Pakistan earlier this month, has been extended to allow space for diplomacy, but officials acknowledge that the process faces serious sticking points.\n\nLast month, Pakistan hosted the first high-level contact between Iran and the US in decades and mediated those meetings. However, with challenges in convening a second round, Islamabad has shifted back to its role as a facilitator and go-between.",
"title": "Trump says he is 'not satisfied' after Iran delivers new proposal for peace talks"
}