{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreidpplvxxxpxs7i3a7y2w5ngr5tgo4beyeroak5ojwdkyfehon6b7e",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:qdzcgmgri7npfs46puqpnnjo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgyyjzapidm2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreibhd3ksk3mdgv4oohh6vf3wkj7zyeebtvqngfqjjqer3bbj7zc4lu"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/webp",
    "size": 18234
  },
  "path": "/news/1981979/china-urges-pakistan-afghanistan-to-resolve-tensions-via-talks-not-force",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-14T06:31:36.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.dawn.com",
  "tags": [
    "World",
    "disputes",
    "targeted",
    "_returned_",
    "_suicide attack_",
    "_martyred_",
    "_reiterated_",
    "_had warned_",
    "_had claimed_",
    "_deadly border clashes_"
  ],
  "textContent": "Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi told his Afghan counterpart Amir Khan Muttaqi in a phone call that disputes between Afghanistan and Pakistan should be resolved through dialogue and consultation, not force, the foreign ministry said in a statement published on Friday.\n\nWang urged both sides to remain calm and exercise restraint, hold face-to-face talks as soon as possible, seek an immediate ceasefire and address differences through dialogue, according to the statement.\n\nChinese FM calls for resolving issues between Afghanistan and Pakistan through dialogue, consultation. —Photo courtesy Bastille post global\n\nThe further use of force would only complicate the situation and intensify tensions, Wang said.\n\nThe ministry’s statement came after Pakistan on Friday targeted terror camps and associated infrastructure in Afghanistan.\n\nWang and Muttaqi also exchanged views on the situation in Iran, the statement said.\n\nWang told Muttaqi, according to the statement, that Beijing is willing to work with the international community, including Afghanistan, to bring peace to Iran.\n\n## Souring relations\n\nThere has been a resurgence in terrorism in Pakistan since the Afghan Taliban _returned_ to power in Kabul in 2021. Islamabad has repeatedly urged the Taliban administration to dismantle terrorist sanctuaries on Afghan soil, particularly those linked to the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan. Officials say those appeals have gone unheeded.\n\nTensions between Pakistan and Afghanistan heightened once again after the Feb 16 vehicle-borne _suicide attack_ on a joint security forces post in Bajaur district near the Afghan border. Terrorists belonging to the TTP attempted to breach the Malangi check post and rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into its perimeter wall after an exchange of fire.\n\nEleven Pakistani soldiers were martyred. A young girl also died, and seven others, including women and children, were injured when a nearby residential building was damaged in the blast.\n\nInvestigators said the suicide bomber, identified as Amad, alias Qari Abdullah or Abu Zar, was a member of the Afghan Taliban’s special forces from Balkh province. The TTP claimed responsibility for the assault.\n\nThen, on Feb 21, a lieutenant colonel and a sepoy were _martyred_ in a suicide attack during an intelligence-based operation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Bannu district.\n\nIn its statement, the military _reiterated_ that terrorists were “using Afghan soil” for carrying out attacks inside Pakistan, “violating the sanctity of the holy month of Ramazan”.\n\n“Pakistan will not exercise any restrain and operations would continue against the perpetrators of this heinous and cowardly act for justified retribution against _khwarij_ , irrespective of their location,” the ISPR asserted.\n\nOn Feb 19, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif _had warned_ that Pakistan would not hesitate to conduct strikes inside Afghanistan if attacks continued from across the border, saying military options remained viable.\n\nIn November last year, Zabiullah Mujahid, the spokesman for the Taliban government in Afghanistan, _had claimed_that Pakistan had “bombed” Khost province, and carried out air strikes in Kunar and Paktika provinces.\n\nAt the time, Pakistan had neither confirmed nor denied the strikes, which were reported the same day a deadly _suicide attack_ on the Federal Constabulary headquarters saw three personnel embrace martyrdom and 12 sustain injuries.\n\nThe strikes were reported almost a month after _deadly border clashes_at the Pak-Afghan border had resulted in the martyrdom of 23 Pakistani soldiers and the killing of over 200 Taliban and affiliated terrorists, according to the ISPR.\n\nThe skirmishes began “on the night of Oct 11/12, 2025, [after] Afghan Taliban and India-sponsored _Fitna-al-Khawarij_ launched an unprovoked attack on Pakistan, along the Pak-Afghan border”.",
  "title": "China urges Pakistan, Afghanistan to resolve tensions via talks, not force"
}