{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreicmm6g5k5btqeq5zkqj2xrehf2qjxaosxuabqhsfffwalsxxdyicy",
"uri": "at://did:plc:qdzcgmgri7npfs46puqpnnjo/app.bsky.feed.post/3mf2dkiljlqa2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreic6fk36luvji7ikywlzfatzl3mljlzf6psgm72yiclzls6i32jd5m"
},
"mimeType": "image/webp",
"size": 28002
},
"path": "/news/1973879/ctd-claims-4-suspected-terrorists-dead-after-raid-in-karachis-shah-latif-town",
"publishedAt": "2026-02-17T09:32:09.000Z",
"site": "https://www.dawn.com",
"tags": [
"Pakistan",
"foiled"
],
"textContent": "KARACHI: The Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) said on Tuesday it conducted a raid in the city’s Shah Latif Town, as a result of which four suspected terrorists died while two cops sustained injuries.\n\nAccording to information provided by CTD Deputy Inspector General Ghulam Azfar Mahesar, the encounter began when CTD personnel surrounded a house in Shah Latif Town based on the identification of previously arrested suspects.\n\nThe men inside opened fire, leading to an exchange of gunfire, the CTD said. Additional police contingents were then called to the scene.\n\nThe four alleged terrorists were injured by firing “from their own accomplices” during the crossfire and later died at a hospital, CTD claimed.\n\nThree of the suspects were identified as Jaleel alias Farid, Niaz alias King and Hamdan alias Farid, while efforts were underway to determine the identity of the fourth.\n\nA Kalashnikov and a hand grenade were recovered from the possession of one of the suspected terrorists.\n\nTwo CTD officials — Head Constable Muhammad Yousuf and Constable Raja Junaid — were also wounded in the exchange and taken to a hospital for treatment.\n\nAccording to CTD, three already arrested suspects brought to the scene for pointation were injured during the crossfire as well.\n\nIn a statement, the CTD said the suspects belonged to Fitna al-Hindustan’s Bashir Zeb network.\n\nThe term ‘ _Fitna al Hindustan_ ’ is a phrase coined by the state, aimed at framing India’s alleged role in terrorism as a deliberate destabilisation strategy.\n\nWhen CTD personnel entered the house after the fire exchange, some accomplices had managed to escape under the cover of darkness. A search operation was initiated to apprehend the fleeing suspects, with checkpoints set up in District Malir and other parts of the city.\n\nSuspecting the presence of explosives, the Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) was summoned, which cordoned off and evacuated the surrounding area. The BDS confirmed the presence of explosive material inside the house and began neutralisation efforts.\n\nAccording to a BDS statement, improvised explosive devices (IEDs) were being prepared in drums within the premises. Detonators, detonating wire and electrical circuits were also recovered.\n\nIn early January, the CTD said it had foiled a major terrorist attack in Karachi, arresting three suspects and recovering 2,000 kilogrammes of explosives.",
"title": "CTD claims 4 suspected terrorists dead after raid in Karachi’s Shah Latif Town"
}