{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiaf5cf3lnrhqbowp5mnbeiidtycs5acq3j4djia3li5xlxlpqvdba",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mmabf4wv6wl2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreieim4mygctxsae2ovntgh437irss2icp3ulbcxzaf76jcaefs77vi"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 90392
  },
  "path": "/celebrity/rylan-clark-statement-bbc-strictly-presenters",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-19T19:56:32.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "View this post on Instagram",
    "A post shared by RYLAN (@rylan)",
    "Police appeal for victims from Married at First Sight to come forward following assault allegations",
    "Tess Daly makes feelings clear on new BBC Strictly presenters as she breaks silence on replacements",
    "BBC Strictly finally confirms three new hosts following Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly exits",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nRylan Clark has broken his silence after confirming he'd been in the running for the role of BBC Strictly host after Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly's replacements were finally confirmed on Tuesday.\n\nThe BBC revealed after months of speculation that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will jointly host the programme from this autumn.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMr Clark was speculated to have been among those who were considered for the gig, and confirmed he was among the candidates considered following today's announcement.\n\nThe 37-year-old television personality, who previously presented spin-off series It Takes Two, took to Instagram this afternoon to address the news directly.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe penned: \"Just wanted to say as it was reported I was in 'The Race' for Strictly, the biggest congrats to my Emma and equal congrats to Johannes and Josh.\n\n\"You're all going to have the best time. Made up for you's.\" (sic)\n\nHe continued: \"This wasn't my time sadly but am extremely grateful to even have been considered.\n\n\"I'm taking the news really well (see next slide) but genuinely looking forward to the new series with you three x.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n>        View this post on Instagram            \n>\n> A post shared by RYLAN (@rylan)\n\nOn the next slide, Mr Clark posted the hilarious moment from his X Factor appearance in 2012, in which he broke down in tears and hysterically sobbed.\n\nThe BBC has confirmed that Zoe Ball and Angela Scanlon were also shortlisted alongside Clark.\n\nThe trio's appointment marks a significant shift for the flagship BBC One programme, with three presenters taking the helm for the first time in the show's history.\n\nMs Willis, 50, described herself as a devoted viewer of the series.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Police appeal for victims from Married at First Sight to come forward following assault allegations\n  * Tess Daly makes feelings clear on new BBC Strictly presenters as she breaks silence on replacements\n  * BBC Strictly finally confirms three new hosts following Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly exits\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"To be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can't quite comprehend,\" she said, acknowledging that replacing Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman presented an impossible task.\n\nMr Widdicombe, 43, referenced his appearance in the 2024 Christmas Special, where he performed the Charleston in a penguin costume. He described the new role as \"the biggest shoes in television.\"\n\nDancer Mr Radebe, 39, expressed that returning to the programme in a presenting capacity exceeded his expectations.\n\n\"This show has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness,\" the professional dancer said.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nResponding to Mr Clark's post, Ms Willis wrote beneath his post: \"I love you,\" and a laughing emoji.\n\nThe pair share a lengthy professional history, having worked together on Big Brother during its Channel 5 era from 2013 to 2018.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThey have also frequently co-hosted ITV's This Morning, with Clark often referring to Willis as his \"TV wife.\"\n\nBeneath his post, Clark urged followers to recognise his \"genuine happiness for the three of them.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: 'Taking it well'"
}