{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreihubttf4wkyglsuykv7ps77lkvcs64pzvb4enkjuwfchw77z3snlm",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mm6z6cdiwcj2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreihn5o2lc2a37ambphthlcl6253lhbnwrggxstnmbo32rylhe5yxyq"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 1716889
  },
  "path": "/celebrity/rod-stewart-rock-music-gig-last-concert",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-19T07:41:12.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Married at First Sight UK brides make serious sexual assault allegations in Panorama investigation",
    "Adil Ray sparks backlash as he brands Unite the Kingdom march ‘worst anti-Muslim hate in my life’",
    "Look Mum No Computer says British people ‘aren’t very intelligent’ in unearthed Eurovision interview",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nRod Stewart has hinted that his forthcoming UK tour in 2027 could mark the end of his live performances on British soil, despite previously insisting he would “never retire”.\n\nSpeaking to Talksport on Sunday, the veteran rocker appeared to make a surprising U-turn as he reflected on his future in music.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nDiscussing plans for another London performance, Mr Stewart said: “I’ve got the O2 next year. That’ll probably be it, I think.\n\n\"I’ll have to do something new, come on your show more often, maybe.”\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nNo official dates for the 2027 UK tour have yet been announced.\n\nThe comments come little more than a year after the Maggie May singer defiantly declared on social media: “I shall never retire!”\n\nAt the time, Mr Stewart insisted he had been “put on this earth to be a singer” and vowed to continue performing “for as long as the good lord lets me”.\n\nThe 81-year-old previously clarified that his ongoing One Last Time tour would signal “the end of large-scale world tours” rather than a complete retirement from music.\n\nSince launching the farewell tour in 2024, Mr Stewart has continued performing extensively across the globe, with the run spanning more than two years and including a widely praised legends slot performance at Glastonbury Festival last summer.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHis star-studded Glastonbury appearance saw him joined on stage by fellow music icons Ronnie Wood, Mick Hucknall and Lulu.\n\nDespite discussing scaling back his touring schedule, Mr Stewart admitted he still thrives on performing live and has no intention of slowing down completely.\n\nThe rocker outlined his packed schedule for the remainder of the year, revealing he still has around 40 Las Vegas residency shows planned alongside a private engagement in Monte Carlo.\n\nHe also has more than 20 performances scheduled across the US before the year concludes.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Married at First Sight UK brides make serious sexual assault allegations in Panorama investigation\n  * Adil Ray sparks backlash as he brands Unite the Kingdom march ‘worst anti-Muslim hate in my life’\n  * Look Mum No Computer says British people ‘aren’t very intelligent’ in unearthed Eurovision interview\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHowever, Mr Stewart joked that 40 shows annually was “not really enough”.\n\nSpeaking candidly about the thrill of performing, the singer explained: “There’s nothing like it, there’s no drink, alcohol, or drug that’ll give you that buzz.\n\n“To see all those smiling faces out there, seeing them all happy, it’s just God’s gift.”\n\nMr Stewart has repeatedly acknowledged the realities of ageing in recent years while remaining determined to continue entertaining audiences for as long as possible.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nLast year, the singer said: “I’m aware my days are numbered but I’ve got no fear.\n\n“We have all got to pass on at some point, so we are all in the same basket.\"\n\nHe continued: \"I am going to be enjoying myself for these last few years as much as I can.”\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAway from stadium and arena performances, the iconic performer has previously teased plans for a more intimate future direction.\n\nMr Stewart said he was interested in embarking on a Great American Songbook and Swing Fever-style tour in smaller venues, offering audiences a more personal experience.\n\nSigning off one retirement statement last year, he jokingly dubbed himself: “The Ambiguous Sir Rod Stewart.”\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Rod Stewart hints at retiring from music in U-turn admission: 'That'll probably be it'"
}