{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiant73qgfd577zdy6u4ezztiu764kgtssah7uwn5afceega4ul6ze",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlwthm5husi2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreih43kehyichrysovlomcx36ouounm5awjqwehefaxjhgvlj3vzhte"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 1440051
  },
  "path": "/celebrity/jonas-lovv-norway-eurovision-song-contest",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-16T01:30:01.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Harvey Weinstein’s third rape trial ends in chaos after jurors fail to agree",
    "BBC confirms drag queen La Voix for major Eurovision role ahead of grand finale",
    "Former UK Eurovision finalist opens up on death threat ordeal after disappointing result",
    "withdrawn",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nJonas Lovv is hoping to bring Eurovision glory back to Norway with his explosive rock anthem Ya Ya Ya as the 2026 Song Contest continues in Vienna.\n\nThe 31-year-old singer-songwriter will perform during Thursday evening's second semi-final, hoping to secure a place in Saturday's Grand Final with his energetic performance style and guitar-heavy track.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMr Lovv first rose to prominence in his home country after reaching the semi-final of Norway's version of The Voice in 2025.\n\nAlthough he did not win the programme, his appearance introduced him to a national audience and helped launch his music career.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe Bergen-born performer later entered Norway's Melodi Grand Prix selection contest, where he triumphed with Ya Ya Ya to earn the right to represent his country at Eurovision 2026.\n\nKnown for his bold fashion choices, tattoos and theatrical stage presence, Mr Lovv has drawn comparisons to pop star Harry Styles from some Eurovision fans.\n\nHis Eurovision entry opens with snarling electric guitars and pounding drums before launching into an energetic chorus designed to get the arena crowd moving.\n\nSpeaking ahead of the competition, Mr Lovv insisted his motivation for entering Eurovision went beyond fame or chart success.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"I'm here for the love of music and all the connections I make along this journey,\" he said.\n\nThe singer, who lives just outside Bergen with his girlfriend and young son, also admitted victory at Eurovision would completely transform his family's future.\n\n\"Winning ESC would be incredible. It would secure my future as an artist and the well-being of my family, so it would honestly mean the world to me,\" he explained.\n\nMr Lovv has deliberately avoided explaining the meaning behind Ya Ya Ya, saying he prefers listeners to form their own interpretation of the song.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Harvey Weinstein’s third rape trial ends in chaos after jurors fail to agree\n  * BBC confirms drag queen La Voix for major Eurovision role ahead of grand finale\n  * Former UK Eurovision finalist opens up on death threat ordeal after disappointing result\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"I don't want to ruin the listener's first impression,\" he said. \"They might think it's about heartbreak, something to dance to, or something else entirely.\"\n\nNorway has a mixed history at Eurovision despite producing several memorable acts over the decades.\n\nThe Scandinavian nation has won the competition three times, most recently when Alexander Rybak triumphed with Fairytale in 2009.\n\nHowever, Norway also holds Eurovision's unwanted record for the most last-place finishes, having ended bottom of the leaderboard 12 times.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe country enjoyed a stronger result in 2023 when Alessandra Mele finished inside the top five with Queen of Kings. Last year's representative, Kyle Alessandro, could only manage 18th place with Lighter.\n\nThis year's Eurovision contest has become overshadowed by controversy surrounding Israel's continued participation amid the war in Gaza.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIreland, Spain, the Netherlands, Iceland and Slovenia have all withdrawn from the competition following the European Broadcasting Union's decision not to exclude Israel.\n\nIrish broadcaster RTÉ described participation in the event as \"unconscionable given the appalling loss of lives in Gaza\", whilst the BBC has backed the EBU's stance.\n\nThe BBC said the decision was about \"enforcing the rules of the EBU and being inclusive\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Jonas Lovv: All you need to know about Norway's Eurovision Song Contest entry as he vies for glory"
}