{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreiaesx25laonuxfrgvsceia4yawwy6o3tjnbmdp265sojturj5stsm",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlwg2vcqtrf2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreiezwwia5tjxwcbntjdkxw7bq3qxrtqwu3eoezga56bpeaanlazngm"
},
"mimeType": "image/png",
"size": 1128093
},
"path": "/celebrity/tess-daly-vernon-kay-divorce-claudia-winkleman",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-15T21:21:46.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Harvey Weinstein’s third rape trial ends in chaos after jurors fail to agree",
"BBC confirms drag queen La Voix for major Eurovision role ahead of grand finale",
"Former UK Eurovision finalist opens up on death threat ordeal after disappointing result",
"View this post on Instagram",
"A post shared by Tess Daly (@tessdaly)",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nTess Daly returned to social media on Friday, sharing a series of glamorous photographs taken during filming for an undisclosed project.\n\nThe 57-year-old Strictly Come Dancing presenter posed in an elegant black jumpsuit with sheer sleeves, with both her diamond engagement ring and platinum wedding band clearly visible.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMs Daly's return comes exactly one week after she and husband Vernon Kay announced they were ending their 25-year marriage.\n\nCaptioning the images \"The glam before the go\", the presenter received an outpouring of support from famous friends.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nFormer Strictly Come Dancing co-host Claudia Winkleman and judge Motsi Mabuse both responded with heart emojis.\n\nSocialite and GB News contributor Lizzie Cundy commented: \"Looking so gorgeous.\"\n\nFans also rushed to praise the presenter.\n\n\"Stunning!\" one follower wrote, whilst another commented: \"Beautiful as always.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nA third added: \"GORGEOUS!\"\n\nThe couple confirmed their separation in a joint statement released last week, describing the decision as one made \"with a deep sense of care and respect for one another\".\n\nThey added the choice to separate came \"from a place of mutual understanding and a shared desire of what is best for both of us\".\n\nThe statement also stressed the pair remain devoted to daughters Phoebe, 21, and Amber, 16.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n * Harvey Weinstein’s third rape trial ends in chaos after jurors fail to agree\n * BBC confirms drag queen La Voix for major Eurovision role ahead of grand finale\n * Former UK Eurovision finalist opens up on death threat ordeal after disappointing result\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n> View this post on Instagram \n>\n> A post shared by Tess Daly (@tessdaly)\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"We remain great friends and, most importantly, fully committed to our roles as loving and supportive parents, which will always be our priority,\" they said, adding no third parties were involved in the split.\n\nAccording to reports, the pair toasted their separation announcement with a glass of champagne together.\n\nSources suggested there had been no dramatic fallout between the presenters, with the breakdown of the marriage attributed to the couple gradually growing apart and developing different priorities.\n\nDespite ending their romantic relationship, Ms Daly and Mr Kay are said to be still living under the same roof.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nA source told The Mirror: \"After they released the statement, Vernon and Tess took a moment to toast each other and their futures.\n\n\"They only want the best for each other and their family.\"\n\nThe pair have also allegedly agreed to remain close friends and handle any future public discussion surrounding their separation with dignity.\n\nMs Daly and Mr Kay first began dating in 2001, with the BBC Radio 2 presenter proposing on Christmas Day the following year.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThey married in September 2003 and went on to build a family together over more than two decades.\n\nThe former couple were last seen together publicly in February when they co-hosted an episode of The One Show.\n\nMr Kay has previously spoken about being \"instantly attracted\" to Ms Daly's independence when they first met, saying the quality remained unchanged throughout their marriage.\n\nBoth presenters have asked for privacy as they navigate the next stage of their lives.\n\nGB News has contacted Ms Daly for comment.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Tess Daly breaks silence after Vernon Kay split while still wearing engagement ring as Claudia Winkleman shows support"
}