{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreiep6ljdbmvf3lsn7rq2ozmso7fisxgsqibompo5k5tdh7epkgsqtm",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlv5s755dhs2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreib7o3d4evjmimzdabmenmhtbkqywx2u3s2guyt5jpjevg6h7flts4"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 344445
},
"path": "/sport/football/marcos-senesi-leaving-bournemouth-man-utd-liverpool-chelsea-tottenham",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-15T10:31:49.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Adam Peaty's family left furious after controversial Commonwealth Games name change",
"Rory McIlroy accused of 'no class' as PGA Championship comments spark furious backlash",
"James Corden doesn't hold back on Southampton spying row as Middlesbrough wait to learn play-off final fate",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nBournemouth have confirmed that Marcos Senesi will leave the club at the end of the season after turning down the opportunity to extend his stay on the south coast.\n\nThe Argentine defender's departure had been widely anticipated, with his current contract due to expire this summer and no agreement reached over fresh terms.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSenesi, 29, joined Bournemouth from Feyenoord in 2022 and quickly established himself as a key figure in the club's defence.\n\nDuring his four-year spell, the centre-back has made 126 appearances in all competitions and played an important role as Bournemouth consolidated their place in the Premier League.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nIn a statement released on Friday morning, the club paid tribute to Senesi's contribution and confirmed supporters will have the chance to say farewell after their final home fixture against Manchester City.\n\n\"After four brilliant seasons on the south coast, we can confirm that Marcos Senesi will depart at the end of the season,\" the club said.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"We'll celebrate Marcos' contribution to the club following the final home game of the season against Manchester City.\"\n\nSenesi also issued an emotional message to supporters as he reflected on his time at the Vitality Stadium.\n\n### LATEST SPORTS NEWS:\n\n\n\n\n * Adam Peaty's family left furious after controversial Commonwealth Games name change\n * Rory McIlroy accused of 'no class' as PGA Championship comments spark furious backlash\n * James Corden doesn't hold back on Southampton spying row as Middlesbrough wait to learn play-off final fate\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"From the first day I arrived, I felt at home at this club,\" he said.\n\n\"I'm proud of everything we achieved over the last four years and I'm grateful for the support the fans have always given me.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"Bournemouth will always hold a special place for me and I will look back at my time here with fond memories.\n\n\"For now, there are still two big games left of the season and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can achieve together.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSenesi's performances in the Premier League have attracted significant interest, with several leading clubs reportedly monitoring his situation ahead of the summer transfer window.\n\nLiverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have all been linked with the experienced defender.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nBecause his contract is expiring, Senesi will be free to negotiate with overseas clubs and could become an attractive option for teams looking to strengthen without paying a transfer fee.\n\nBournemouth remain in the hunt for Champions League football, meanwhile, with the Cherries currently four points behind both Aston Villa and Liverpool - who play each other tonight - with two games to go.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Premier League star to leave for free with Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham keen"
}