{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreicsavqhrror3jgte3gxnfewjq2zwfasvsjjvavn4maagzzt342ijm",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mln6sfhz77a2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreibwazifaxvafrx6sxpodz4nuc4wjz6ngeivavp3z4jtx3i5p6ixqi"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 179194
  },
  "path": "/news/inmate-wrongly-released-early-prison",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-12T06:18:59.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "'Extremely violent' drill rapper who escaped prison twice is caught in FRANCE after fleeing Britain in lorry",
    "‘Dangerous’ prisoner escapes from prison just ONE WEEK after last going on run",
    "'Useless windbag!' David Lammy lambasted by ex-detective as two prisoners remain at large after escaping prison",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nA man jailed over the abduction of his five-year-old son may have left the UK in the three days it took prison staff to notify police that he had been mistakenly released from custody, the High Court has been told.\n\nIfedayo Adeyeye was released from HMP Pentonville in London on April 21, having been jailed for contempt of court over the abduction of Laurys N’Djosse Adeyeye.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nPrison staff allowed the 58-year-old’s release despite him being ordered to serve a 12-month sentence the day before, and being due to be extradited to France upon its completion.\n\nMr Justice Hayden said at a hearing on Monday that following his release, Adeyeye \"strolled about\" the London area and \"had a very nice dinner (and) had quite a lot of drink\" at a local pub, before transferring thousands of pounds to others from a bank account.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIt is believed that he may have travelled to Spain the following day, all before prison staff contacted the Metropolitan Police in the afternoon of April 24.\n\nMr Justice Hayden said: \"If the police had been contacted immediately, this could perhaps, almost certainly perhaps, have been prevented. The public is entitled to expect far better than this.\"\n\nLast June, the same judge ruled that Adeyeye, a dual British-Nigerian national, abducted Laurys from his mother, Claire N’Djosse, in France and took him to the African country via the UK.\n\nThe judge said Laurys was born in France and had lived with Ms N’Djosse since birth, adding that the day of the abduction, July 27 2024, was the first time that Laurys was staying overnight with his father.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMs N’Djosse has not seen her son since and has been trying to secure his return through the English courts, with Mr Justice Hayden ruling in a legal first that the High Court had the power to order that Adeyeye return Laurys to his mother, even though the boy did not live in the UK.\n\nAfter he failed to do so, Adeyeye was arrested upon his return to the UK and was jailed for six months in January for contempt of court.\n\nThe day before he was due to be released, Adeyeye was jailed for a further 12 months on April 20 for further contempt of court offences, before his mistaken release the following day.\n\nThe blunder became public knowledge earlier this month after Mr Justice Hayden allowed reporting of the issue at a hearing on May 1, during which he said the state has \"failed\" and that there was an \"alarming lack of urgency\" from prison staff.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * 'Extremely violent' drill rapper who escaped prison twice is caught in FRANCE after fleeing Britain in lorry\n  * ‘Dangerous’ prisoner escapes from prison just ONE WEEK after last going on run\n  * 'Useless windbag!' David Lammy lambasted by ex-detective as two prisoners remain at large after escaping prison\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nOn Monday, the judge said that the abduction was “an act of cruelty that even this court rarely sees\" and described Adeyeye as \"arrogant and manipulative\", and \"cold and calculated\".\n\nPolice told the court that Adeyeye \"may have entered Spain\" on April 22 and that authorities in the country had been notified, adding: \"The Metropolitan Police recognises both the seriousness of this matter and how traumatic the present situation must be for both (Ms N’Djosse) and her son.\"\n\nThey added: \"We are using the powers at our disposal to pursue all reasonable lines of enquiry to locate and arrest (Adeyeye), and will continue to do so diligently and expeditiously.\"\n\nPolice said that the prison service told them that Adeyeye was released due to a \"communication failure\" with the court, which Mr Justice Hayden described as \"an entirely groundless suggestion\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Child abductor wrongly released early from prison could now be abroad, police fears"
}