{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreia7kxkd7pcoj7sck74cifdhwzpxj53r3f4ewtfldrctpwnwwaxcr4",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mljthuyj7pb2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreige5dlovaui7sph6y56m6nuckrztdewrlvc5grz5te6vgfw2iwawy"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 1160387
  },
  "path": "/celebrity/bbc-strictly-emma-willis-new-host-tess-daly-claudia-winkleman",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-10T21:52:57.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Adolescence makes Bafta TV Awards history as Netflix drama bags major record after latest award wins",
    "EastEnders actress slams Nadia Sawalha as Loose Women star denies ITV axe amid 'antisemitism' row",
    "Jeremy Clarkson ridicules Zack Polanski after local election remarks: 'Not very good at adding up!'",
    "which professional dancers will be returning to the show",
    "View this post on Instagram",
    "A post shared by BBC Strictly (@bbcstrictly)",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nStrictly Come Dancing has found one of its new hosts, according to reports.\n\nPopular TV presenter Emma Willis is said to be lined up by bosses as the perfect person to replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman as the face of the dance competition.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMs Willis, 50, has been a familiar face on British TV for years, fronting the likes of This Morning and The Voice on ITV.\n\nShe also recently teamed up with husband Matt Willis to front Netflix dating series, Love Is Blind UK.\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nNow, though, it's the ballroom that is believed to be calling, with insiders claiming the BBC \"adore\" her.\n\nA source said of the signing: \"Emma has been offered the Strictly job and is going to accept.\n\n\"She absolutely nailed the chemistry tests and the BBC adore her.\n\n\"Emma is a household name and a safe pair of hands so the BBC know she will do the job justice.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSpeaking to The Sun, the insider went on to claim: \"She’s incredibly popular with the public too and will suit the role down to a tee.\n\n\"She was absolutely thrilled to have been offered the job.\n\n\"Strictly is one of the biggest shows on television, and to be trusted with the new era is something Emma feels incredibly proud and humbled by.\"\n\nMs Willis isn't the only big name reportedly lined up for a presenting gig either, as her co-host is also believed to have been identified.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Adolescence makes Bafta TV Awards history as Netflix drama bags major record after latest award wins\n  * EastEnders actress slams Nadia Sawalha as Loose Women star denies ITV axe amid 'antisemitism' row\n  * Jeremy Clarkson ridicules Zack Polanski after local election remarks: 'Not very good at adding up!'\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nCome the autumn, it's said that Ms Willis will be joined by BBC Radio 2 favourite Zoe Ball each Saturday night.\n\nThe source has suggested that Ms Willis \"is seen as the Tess\" of the series, with Ms Ball poised to bring her own \"Clauditorium\" to the fray.\n\nWhen contacted by GB News about the reports, a BBC Spokesperson said: \"Plans for Strictly Come Dancing 2026 will be confirmed in due course.\"\n\nGB News has contacted representatives of Ms Willis for comment.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\nShould reports of Ms Willis' role come to fruition, it will put to bed long-standing rumours surrounding several big names from the showbiz world.\n\nAlison Hammond was one big name who ruled herself out of the running earlier this year, as was Bradley Walsh.\n\nThe likes of Rylan Clark, Angela Scanlon, Alan Carr, Holly Willoughby, Rob Rinder, and many others had also been tied to the roles, according to the rumour mill.\n\nWhile Ms Willis' spot on the show remains, for now, based on reports, one thing that is for sure is which professional dancers will be returning to the show.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n>        View this post on Instagram            \n>\n> A post shared by BBC Strictly (@bbcstrictly)\n\nThe BBC show has undergone a shake-up among its pros like never before, with several popular dancers leaving the show following the 2025 series.\n\nIt was announced earlier this month that Dianne Buswell, Julian Caillon, Amy Dowden, Katya Jones, Neil Jones, Nikita Kuzmin, Jowita Przystał, Johannes Radebe, Aljaž Škorjanec, Alexis Warr, Kai Widdrington, Nancy Xu, Carlos Gu, Lauren Oakley, and Vito Coppola would all be back.\n\nThis confirmed farewells for former stalwarts Karen Hauer, Gorka Marquez, Luba Mushtuk, Michelle Tsiakkas, and Nadiya Bychkova.\n\nShirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, and Anton Du Beke were also confirmed to be returning to the judging panel.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "BBC Strictly new host 'confirmed' as bosses sign up 'household name' to replace Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman"
}