{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreiajktogyarvrpp3p7mge4nanekq7wyj5rf4iihdllapkziluisaxm",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlil5pbgics2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreiddewdr2wsrzsogewp7vjrfsi63yaddnm6hxqvnedrtqi762rxbfm"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 699380
},
"path": "/royal/andrew-mountbatten-windsor-princess-eugenie-pregnant-sarah-ferguson",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-10T09:31:33.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nAndrew Mountbatten-Windsor discovered he would become a grandfather for the fifth time not through his daughter, but in a telephone conversation with his former wife, Sarah Ferguson, a source has claimed.\n\nThe 66-year-old former Duke of York was informed of Princess Eugenie’s third pregnancy news by Ms Ferguson, who was among the first people Eugenie told about the expected arrival of another Baby Brooksbank.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"Andrew found out that he was to be a grandpa again via Sarah,\" the source told the Mail.\n\nEugenie chose to have her mother relay the happy news rather than contact her father directly, leaving Ms Ferguson to make the call to share the announcement about the upcoming summer arrival.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nThe source indicates that Eugenie has maintained limited communication with Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor following the removal of his royal titles and his departure from Royal Lodge in Windsor.\n\nDespite their divorce in 1996, Ms Ferguson and Andrew remain in regular contact, though they now find themselves on opposite sides of Europe.\n\nThe former duke currently resides at Marsh Farm Cottage on the Sandringham Estate.\n\nMeanwhile, his ex-wife has positioned herself thousands of miles away in Austria, where she has been staying at a chalet costing £2,000 per night in the Alps.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMs Ferguson was last photographed in Austria the previous month and has not made any public appearances since then.\n\nNeither Andrew nor Sarah has spoken publicly about the impending arrival of their third grandchild, marking a stark departure from five years earlier when Ms Ferguson was on the cover of a magazine, celebrating August's birth, posing beside a horse at a five-star Berkshire hotel while promoting her debut novel.\n\nBuckingham Palace confirmed the pregnancy through a social media post on the official Royal Family account on Monday.\n\nThe statement said: “Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank are very pleased to announce that they are expecting their third child together, due this summer.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n“August (aged 5) and Ernest (aged 2) are also very excited to have another sibling join the family.\n\n“His Majesty The King has been informed and is delighted with the news.”\n\nAt the same time as the Buckingham Palace announcement, Princess Eugenie wrote on Instagram: “Baby Brooksbank due 2026!” alongside a picture of her children, August and Ernest, holding an ultrasound image of her pregnancy scan.\n\nGB News has contacted Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor for comment.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor 'found out Princess Eugenie was pregnant through phone call with Sarah Ferguson'"
}