{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreihie4nibsrvfqvxsnigm3jkdk7admujtme5dy2k3h6xjsdcoap2gq",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlelpuwf6p72"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreievzdmvavlx6adk3xrgikav3fzhbadodjz3ccog5gpg2x5vw34cp4"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 252647
},
"path": "/royal/andrew-mountbatten-windsor-expected-give-evidence-trial-man-threatening-him",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-08T19:02:39.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Man accused of threatening Andrew pleads not guilty",
"King and Queen send message to David Attenborough after Harry calls him ‘a secular saint’",
"Pregnant Eugenie joins Beatrice at party with Taylor Swift in London",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nAndrew Mountbatten-Windsor is expected to give evidence against the man who has been accused of threatening him.\n\nThe alleged incident occurred as the former prince was walking his dogs on Wednesday near his home on the Sandringham Estate.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAlex Jenkinson, 39, was arrested by Norfolk police and pleaded not guilty to using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards Mr Mountbatten-Windsor in Westminster Magistrates' Court earlier today.\n\nThe computer science graduate from Suffolk also denied an accusation of threatening another man, Stephen Terry, on May 5, the day before the alleged incident involving the former Duke of York.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe did plead guilty to failing to provide a specimen of blood in custody and was released on conditional bail.\n\nThe 39-year-old must not go near many of the sites linked to the Royal family, including Sandringham, Buckingham Palace, Balmoral, Windsor and Highgrove.\n\nHe must also not try to contact Andrew directly or indirectly, or approach him or enter Norfolk, the court heard.\n\nMr Jenkinson, who gave his address as Debenham in Suffolk, appeared in court via video link from King's Lynn Police Investigation Centre in Norfolk with his right arm in a sling.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe is expected to stand trial at the same court on July 29, when prosecutor Josephine Jones said it is intended for Andrew to give evidence via a videolink.\n\nMs Jones told the court on Friday there \"certainly is a suggestion\" the suspect had an interest in Mr Mountbatten-Windsor.\n\nThe prosecution asked the court for a remote link for the ex-duke to give evidence from King's Lynn Magistrates' Court.\n\nThis request was granted by the chief magistrate; however added it may be better for Andrew to give evidence from a separate location than a court.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL NEWS\n\n\n\n\n * Man accused of threatening Andrew pleads not guilty\n * King and Queen send message to David Attenborough after Harry calls him ‘a secular saint’\n * Pregnant Eugenie joins Beatrice at party with Taylor Swift in London\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nOn Thursday, the Norfolk Constabulary stated they had arrested a man who \"was behaving in an intimidating manner in the village.\"\n\nThe incident reportedly unfolded at approximately 7.30pm on Wednesday in the vicinity of the Sandringham Estate, where the former Duke of York had been walking.\n\nAccording to the Telegraph, the suspect was said to be wearing a balaclava and was approximately 50 yards from Mr Mountbatten-Windsor when the alleged threat occurred.\n\nThe former Duke of York, who was accompanied by a private protection officer, is said to have been left shaken by the incident.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nQuestions surrounding his security have now come to the fore. He currently relies on private security after he was told to step down from his royal duties by the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2019.\n\nGB News understands the King now makes a lump sum to cover his brother's expenses, including security protection, though it is up to Andrew how the finances are allocated.\n\nBuckingham Palace declined to comment when approached by GB News.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor 'expected to give evidence' at trial against man accused of threatening him"
}