{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiextevuqmwcqitj6zvrwtcwbqwmmv3uxbogbbr6umf444a4wctopa",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mlcbwmmyaae2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreig65vq2d2mw3pi22qushfuynykryifgkrsnb3x46k32aqbuvbp6hy"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 90671
  },
  "path": "/royal/andrew-mountbatten-windsor-man-charged-confronted-sandringham-estate",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-07T21:44:15.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Prince William roars with emotion as Aston Villa triumph in Europa League",
    "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor 'in danger' following confrontation near Sandringham home",
    "Prince William shows support for beloved Aston Villa in crunch European semi-final",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nA man has been charged after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was confronted near the Sandringham Estate yesterday.\n\nAlex Jenkinson, 39, has been charged with two counts of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to harass someone or cause alarm or distress and failing to provide a specimen of blood in custody.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe is due to appear in Norwich Magistrates Court tomorrow, Friday, March 8.\n\nThe incident reportedly unfolded at approximately 7.30pm in the vicinity of the Sandringham Estate, where the former Duke of York had been walking his dogs.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAccording to the Telegraph, the suspect was said to be wearing a balaclava and was approximately 50 yards from Mr Mountbatten-Windsor when the alleged threat occurred.\n\nThe former prince was said to have a member of his private security team accompanying him.\n\nHe currently relies on private security after he was told to step down from his royal duties by the late Queen Elizabeth II in 2019.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nGB News understands the King now makes a lump sum to cover the ex-duke's expenses, including security protection. It is up to Andrew how the finances are allocated.\n\nAndrew was stripped of his titles and honours and formally instructed to relinquish the lease on Royal Lodge, the Windsor property he had occupied for years, in 2025.\n\nThe former Duke of York left the residence in February of this year and relocated to the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL NEWS\n\n\n\n\n  * Prince William roars with emotion as Aston Villa triumph in Europa League\n  * Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor 'in danger' following confrontation near Sandringham home\n  * Prince William shows support for beloved Aston Villa in crunch European semi-final\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe currently resides at Marsh Farm, in the broad proximity of where the alleged incident on Wednesday evening took place.\n\nA Norfolk police statement read: \"A man has been charged following an incident in Wolferton.\n\n\"Officers were called to shortly after 7.30pm yesterday (Wednesday 6 May 2026) following a report a man was behaving in an intimidating manner in the village.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"Officers attended, and the man was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and possession of an offensive weapon. He was taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre for questioning.\n\n\"Alex Jenkinson, aged 39 and of Stowmarket, Suffolk has since been charged with two counts of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour to harass someone or cause alarm or distress and failing to provide a specimen of blood in custody.\n\n\"He has been remanded into custody and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court tomorrow.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Man charged after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor confronted near Sandringham Estate"
}