{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreie7keksrbfkas2bnznhf4brpawvy7lmm4qkcviaprrlwhjbw76eoe",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3ml5auc5xax62"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiexlbu2bifxy2ln5xulr44rxndomdthu4pthz5too3edog56dxeta"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 446884
  },
  "path": "/royal/prince-harry-spotted-days-after-king-charless-us-state-visit",
  "publishedAt": "2026-05-05T21:07:25.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "he \"didn't want a royal role\".",
    "Royal fan's hilarious reaction to meeting King Charles in Bermuda",
    "Comedian praises King Charles's 'underestimated' skills while receiving MBE",
    "Former BBC presenter says he is 'proud to be British' after receiving OBE from Princess Anne",
    "\"the most trolled person in the world\"",
    "challenged Washington to fulfil its commitments to the nation",
    "\"deliberate\" by royal commentator Mr Fitzwilliams.",
    "\"I will always be part of the Royal Family.\""
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nPrince Harry has been spotted stepping out for lunch just days after his father King Charles III left the US.\n\nThe Duke of Sussex did not meet with his estranged father during the monarch's four-day trip.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe pair have not seen each other since September 2025, which in itself was their first meeting since February 2024.\n\nTheir meeting in 2024 occurred when the duke visit following Buckingham Palace's announcement of the King's cancer diagnosis, for which treatment remains ongoing.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nDespite this, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams revealed to GB News there was \"no chance\" the pair would arrange to meet during the King's visit due to his hectic schedule - and, unsurprisingly, reconciliation with his son was not on the King's agenda last week.\n\nBut the Duke of Sussex, who took a step back from the spotlight in recent days as his father embarked on his engagements, was photographed on Monday enjoying a relaxed lunch.\n\nThe prince was joined by friends at the upmarket Nobu restaurant in Los Angeles on Sunday, mere days after his father's departure from American soil.\n\nThe 41-year-old opted for casual attire for the midday gathering, wearing a khaki green shirt paired with black trousers.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe popular eatery sits approximately 90 minutes from Montecito, where the prince resides alongside his wife, Meghan Markle, and their two children, Archie, six, and Lilibet, four.\n\nRelations between the Duke and the wider Royal Family have remained strained since he and Meghan, 44, relinquished their senior royal duties in 2020 to pursue an independent path.\n\nHarry and Meghan have enjoyed a more subdued week following a chaotic month that saw the prince travel to Australia and Ukraine.\n\nThe couple embarked on an unofficial tour of Australia, where Harry revealed that, following the tragic circumstances of his mother, Princess Diana's death, he \"didn't want a royal role\".\n\n### LATEST ROYAL NEWS\n\n\n\n\n  * Royal fan's hilarious reaction to meeting King Charles in Bermuda\n  * Comedian praises King Charles's 'underestimated' skills while receiving MBE\n  * Former BBC presenter says he is 'proud to be British' after receiving OBE from Princess Anne\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMeanwhile, Meghan claimed she was \"the most trolled person in the world\" and featured as a guest judge on MasterChef Australia.\n\nFollowing the trip, Harry made a surprise appearance in Ukraine, where he ruffled the feathers of US President Donald Trump days before his father's trip.\n\nHarry directly challenged Washington to fulfil its commitments to the nation, resulting in a rather pointed response from President Trump.\n\n\"I know one thing, Prince Harry is not speaking for the UK, that's for sure,\" he said after Harry's speech.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"I think I'm speaking for the UK more than Prince Harry, that's for sure. But thank him for his advice.\"\n\nAnd the timing of his comments, with his father's State Visit looming, was deemed \"deliberate\" by royal commentator Mr Fitzwilliams.\n\n\"What Prince Harry's done, and what he's said, is admirable in normal circumstances,\" he told GB News.\n\n\"But, the way it's been timed will certainly not be helpful to next week's state visit between two countries who supposedly had a special relationship, but currently that relationship is under strain.\"\n\nHarry would later tell ITV that he did not recognise the description \"not a working royal\", before adding: \"I will always be part of the Royal Family.\"\n\n###\n\n\nOur Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter",
  "title": "Prince Harry spotted just days after King Charles's US State Visit"
}