{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreiciqykghfeyoky2mcko5htd2daikpyjwl2gjsm4huatlhv4hqnbvi",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mkhuod2k2wk2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreice6g4k2d62e6247tsug2no5xclvh7k2dmyijaweapmxflh2qxxry"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 39586
},
"path": "/royal/sarah-ferguson-wealthy-friends-leaving-austrian-resort",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-27T09:19:59.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Donald Trump insists King Charles 'will be very safe' in the US",
"How safe is King after Donald Trump's evacuation from hotel shooting?",
"US officials forced to make U-turn after flying Australian flags to celebrate King",
"a US lawmaker made a direct plea to Ms Ferguson for her to testify",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nSarah Ferguson has called on her rich friends to help her out after fleeing her luxurious Austrian chalet, it has been claimed.\n\nThe ex-wife of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was spotted at a £2,000-a-night apartment at the Mayrlife wellness spa in Altaussee earlier this month, her first public sighting since 2025.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nBut sources now indicate she has left the Alpine resort and is relying on wealthy acquaintances to help with accommodation, after her lakeside refuge in Altaussee was revealed.\n\nThe 66-year-old former royal had been sheltering from the fallout of the Epstein scandal. Ms Ferguson has consistently denied any wrongdoing.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nShe had last been spotted publicly at St James's Palace on December 12, attending the christening of her youngest granddaughter, Athena Mapelli Mozzi.\n\n\"She just wants a door that doesn't open for strangers,\" a source told the Daily Mail. \"That's all it is. She wants to breathe.\"\n\nHer interactions with the outside world were kept to an absolute minimum throughout her stay - the only exception being a visit from a hairdresser on March 24.\n\nThe walking trails, lakeside areas and clay tennis courts at the resort went unused by the former duchess.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSarah is understood to have kept in close contact with her daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, who also remain out of the royal fold.\n\nBoth are said to remain concerned over the state of their mother's mental health, as she remains shacked up and isolated.\n\nThe funding of her Mayrlife stay remains unexplained, though she first visited the spa in 2023 while recovering from breast cancer and melanoma.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL NEWS\n\n\n\n\n * Donald Trump insists King Charles 'will be very safe' in the US\n * How safe is King after Donald Trump's evacuation from hotel shooting?\n * US officials forced to make U-turn after flying Australian flags to celebrate King\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSome say that Sarah is reliant on rich friends, who are still willing to show their support for the former royal.\n\n\"Sarah has good friends,\" a source told the Mail. \"People who know her well are happy to help her. She won’t be left with nowhere to go.\"\n\nThe source added that Sarah \"of course\" regretted her relationship with convicted paedophile Epstein.\n\nHer next stay is unknown, but what it is believed is that Austria is no longer an option.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIn March, a US lawmaker made a direct plea to Ms Ferguson for her to testify about her \"close personal\" relationship with the disgraced billionaire.\n\nCongressman Suhas Subramanyam urged her to cooperate with the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform’s investigation into Epstein's sex trafficking network.\n\n\"Documentation of your relationship with Mr Epstein includes an email from 'Sarah' referring to Mr Epstein as 'a legend' — after Mr Epstein’s 2008 conviction — and writing: 'I really don’t have the words to describe, my love, gratitude for your generosity and kindness.. I am at your service. Just marry me',\" the letter read.\n\nCongressman Subramanyam added it was \"clear\" Ms Ferguson had \"social and business ties\" to Epstein, and she has \"knowledge of information that can assist our investigation\".\n\nAlthough no mention in the files suggests any wrongdoing, previously unseen emails now show the ex-Duchess praising Epstein as \"the brother I have always wished for\".\n\nAt present, she has offered no response to the congressional summons.\n\nMs Ferguson said in 2011 regarding her links to Jeffrey Epstein: \"I abhor paedophilia and any sexual abuse of children and know that this was a gigantic error of judgment on my behalf.\n\n\"I am just so contrite I cannot say. Whenever I can, I will repay the money and have nothing ever to do with Jeffrey Epstein ever again.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Sarah Ferguson 'relying on wealthy friends' after leaving Austrian resort"
}