{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifmqnsihhrsys6m7wbppiz733f2w6ieu62i2tvg3dk4feurshanau",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mkblgvbfppr2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreifd54mnqzipobzhsk2s3jdudxqkykxreoarzmgphrcfovlg3ryobq"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 67595
},
"path": "/news/antisemitism-us-embassy-london-advises-caution",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-24T22:02:33.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"He has since vowed to proscribe the Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC)",
"WWII veteran, 101, insists he would still fight for Britain but warns of ‘friction’ at home",
"Counter terror police arrest 8 people across England over alleged plot to commit arson attacks",
"TfL driver suspended for saying Jews ‘aren’t safe’ to ride Bakerloo line while he’s driving",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nThe US Embassy in London has advised Americans to use caution when visiting Jewish areas in Britain amid a rise in antisemitism.\n\nIt has told American citizens abroad to exercise \"increased caution\" following a rise in \"threats targeting Jewis and American institutions\" - both in the UK and across Europe.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIt has followed a recent string of antisemitic attacks which took place across the capital on synagogues and Israeli buildings.\n\nThe warning has urged Americans to \"remain alert in tourist locations and where expatriates gather, including places of worship\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nUS travellers were also told to \"stay aware of your surroundings when visiting American or Jewish institutions, community centres, and religious sites\".\n\nEarlier this year, the site in London was circled by furious pro-Iran protesters, calling for an end to the strikes launched by the US and Israel on the Islamic Republic.\n\nSir Keir Starmer visited Kenton United Synagogue on Thursday after it was targeted in an alleged arson attack.\n\nOn April 19, a bottle, which was believed to contain an accelerant, was hurled through the building's window.\n\nCounter-terrorism police are probing whether Iranian-backed \"thugs for hire\" are launching the attacks on the city's synagogues.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nBut, speaking at the place of worship yesterday, the Prime Minister admitted he was \"very worried\" about the Iranian-backed proxies.\n\nHe has since vowed to proscribe the Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), a paramilitary group of the Islamic Republic.\n\nSir Keir told the Jewish Chronicle: \"In relation to malign state actors more generally, proscription, we do need legislation in order to take necessary measures, and that is legislation that we're bringing forward as soon as we can.\n\n\"We go into a new session in a few weeks' time, and we'll bring that legislation forward.\"\n\n### LATEST ON LONDON'S ANTISEMITISM SURGE:\n\n\n\n\n * WWII veteran, 101, insists he would still fight for Britain but warns of ‘friction’ at home\n * Counter terror police arrest 8 people across England over alleged plot to commit arson attacks\n * TfL driver suspended for saying Jews ‘aren’t safe’ to ride Bakerloo line while he’s driving\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe legislation will follow a barrage of demands to outlaw the paramilitary group after much of the western world had already done so, including the US, Canada, Australia and the EU.\n\nHowever, Britain stalled on the matter, infuriating many British Iranians across the UK - many of whom flocked to Westminster to call for the ban.\n\nSome Middle Eastern countries have also proscribed the organisation already, such as Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.\n\nNow, Britain will add itself to the growing list.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe US, however, is facing a rise in antisemitism, with cases reaching record highs over the past five years.\n\nLast year, a total of 9,300 attacks took place, which marks the largest figure in four decades.\n\nAround 60 per cent of Americans deem the skyrocketing tally to be a serious issue, while 55 per cent of American Jews have admitted they have changed their behaviour due to fear.\n\nIn response, the American Jewish Committee CEO Ted Deutch said: \"No one in America should have to change their behavior because of what they believe, but that’s how most Jews are living their lives.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**\n\ns",
"title": "US Embassy in London advises Americans to use caution when visiting Jewish areas in Britain amid rise in antisemitism"
}