{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreighvw2bimusuch36h3lfvjyb4rklh3ah6se5dm3a4sefe6du4za7u",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mka4jgnkbxz2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiatma3jhiftqjh3xzuzgv2k5afo32wwcchq7y6o2w7tibxgz4ruge"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 76050
  },
  "path": "/news/asylum-seeker-brighton-beach-rape-murder-egypt",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-24T07:07:32.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "rape of a woman on a Brighton beach",
    "Three asylum seekers found guilty of raping woman on Brighton beach",
    "Leader of self-styled 'African kingdom' in Scottish Borders is finally deported from Britain",
    "France will finally deport migrants aiming to cross Channel in small boats with new removals centre",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nAn Egyptian asylum seeker who was involved in the rape of a woman on a Brighton beach was fleeing his home country to escape a \"lengthy\" prison sentence, it has emerged.\n\nKarin Al-Danasurt was convicted of murder in Egypt following his arrival in the UK by small boat, prosecutors said.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAt a November plea hearing, he told the court he had applied for asylum in Britain after fleeing Egypt to \"evade a lengthy custodial sentence\".\n\nHis defence team disputed this during pre-trial hearings, claiming the conviction belonged to his brother, leading the judge to withdraw the evidence from the case.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe jury of seven women and five men was never informed of the murder conviction.\n\nAl-Danasurt, 20, Abdulla Ahmadi, 26, and Ibrahim Alshafe, 25, were found guilty by a jury at Hove Crown Court yesterday in what prosecutors described as a \"cynical, predatory and callous\" assault.\n\nThe attack occurred in the early hours of October 4 last year after the 33-year-old victim became separated from her friends following a night out at a nightclub.\n\nCCTV footage captured two men approaching her near a Burger King, and within four minutes, she was being led along the seafront towards the beach.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAlshafe was seen with his arm around the woman's shoulder while Ahmadi walked ahead.\n\nAt one point, she collapsed on a ramp leading to the beach and had to be pulled back to her feet.\n\nThe prosecutor, Hanna Llewellyn-Waters, told the court the men had been \"on the prowl\" that evening, operating as a \"predatory pack\" who viewed their victim not as a human being but as \"meat\".\n\nThe woman told the court she was \"paralytic drunk\" and had no memory of how she ended up on the beach.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:\n\n\n\n\n  * Three asylum seekers found guilty of raping woman on Brighton beach\n  * Leader of self-styled 'African kingdom' in Scottish Borders is finally deported from Britain\n  * France will finally deport migrants aiming to cross Channel in small boats with new removals centre\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nShe recalled drifting in and out of consciousness as three men repeatedly assaulted her, saying in evidence: \"I asked them to stop and they wouldn't stop. I was begging them to stop and they wouldn't.\"\n\nAl-Danasurt filmed the attack on his mobile phone, laughing and calling her a \"dirty b***h\" while at one point forcing her mouth open and spitting into it.\n\nThe victim said: \"Every time I close my eyes I can see them laughing at me. They thought it was funny. It wasn't consensual at all. They have literally ruined my whole life.\"\n\nShe added: \"They're evil and they've ruined my life.\"\n\nAll three men were residing at the Cisswood House Hotel in Horsham, West Sussex, a Home Office-approved accommodation for asylum seekers.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAhmadi and Alshafe had crossed from France on the same small boat in June last year, while Al-Danasurt arrived the previous year.\n\nEach of them had unsuccessful asylum claims.\n\nAl-Danasurt and Ahmadi received rejections prior to the assault, whereas Alshafe's application was refused on the same weekend the rape took place.\n\nThe day following the attack, Ahmadi travelled without authorisation to Crewe, Cheshire, some 200 miles away, and was recorded as having absconded from his accommodation.\n\nPolice arrested all three men a week after the assault.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAl-Danasurt was convicted on four rape counts, while Ahmadi and Alshafe were each found guilty of two.\n\nSentencing will take place at a later date, and all three will face deportation.\n\nReacting to the verdict, Sussex Police Detective Chief Superintendent Richard McDonagh gave a statement outside the court, in which he said: \"These three predatory men took advantage of an extremely vulnerable woman, subjecting her to a prolonged, harrowing ordeal.\n\n\"I do not underestimate the strength and courage it required to report this to the police and support the investigation as she dealt with the lasting impact of that morning’s incident. Thanks to this woman’s resolve, we have been able to bring her attackers to justice.\"\n\n\"My thanks also extend to the investigative team for their diligent work and our partners for their support to the investigation and the victim.\"\n\n_If you have been affected by any of the issues raised in this article, you can call the Rape Crisis England & Wales 24/7 support line for free on 0808 500 2222 or visit 247sexualabusesupport.org.uk._\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**\n**\n\n**\n**\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Asylum seeker found guilty of Brighton beach rape is 'convicted murderer in Egypt'"
}