{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreicgrh2yahlguajqc3qyhsmwwikme4wigjgpjwbb7f5cgjh3f2thha",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mk7bnnr77wx2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreihwfgthvomobief2flc6l6daqdxqzxd4v7k5rkvmjxuj3rt3v3zoy"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 42922
},
"path": "/news/world/reza-pahlavi-berlin-activist-attacks-iranian-crown-prince-red-liquid",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-23T23:31:20.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Iran threatens to invade Dubai in propaganda clip showing balaclava-clad soldiers raiding cargo ship",
"Donald Trump issues 'shoot to kill' order on Iranian boats laying mines in Strait of Hormuz",
"Donald Trump fires US Navy chief amid blockade of Strait of Hormuz",
"extend the ceasefire",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nA pro-Tehran activist has been arrested after attacking Iran's exiled Crown Prince, Reza Pahlavi, with a red liquid in Berlin.\n\nThe incident occurred on Thursday as the 65-year-old left an event in the German capital.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nFootage of the attack shows the red liquid - believed to be tomato juice - hitting Mr Pahlavi's neck and jacket, before police rushed in to seize the suspect.\n\nA Berlin Police spokesman confirmed that the son of the Shah had not been hurt, adding that the attacker “has not previously come to the attention” of German authorities.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nThe force said it has since opened an investigation into “bodily harm, property damage and [insults] against persons in political life”.\n\nAfter the incident, Mr Pahlavi's team posted an update on social media, which read: “The Prince is unharmed and continued his program of events in Berlin, unchanged.\n\n“The Prince wants the focus to stay on the plight of the Iranian people who face executions, killings, torture, and rape on a daily basis.\n\n\"He thanks the Berlin Police for their support,\" they added.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe also lambasted the decision of the German Government not to meet with him during his during his visit to the country.\n\nThe 65-year-old told a press conference in Berlin: \"The question is not whether change will come. Change is on the way.\n\n\"The real question is how many Iranians will lose their lives while the community of Western democracies continue to merely watch.\"\n\n“Will the free world do something, or watch the slaughter in silence?” he added.\n\n### IRAN - READ THE LATEST:\n\n\n\n\n * Iran threatens to invade Dubai in propaganda clip showing balaclava-clad soldiers raiding cargo ship\n * Donald Trump issues 'shoot to kill' order on Iranian boats laying mines in Strait of Hormuz\n * Donald Trump fires US Navy chief amid blockade of Strait of Hormuz\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHundreds of Iranians living in Germany descended on Berlin's Federal Press Conference building to hear the exiled leader speak, according to local media.\n\nMr Pahlavi told the gathering that the Islamic Republic had executed 19 political prisoners in the past fortnight.\n\nThe exiled Crown Prince has lived in the US since the Islamic Revolution of 1979, which saw his father's dynasty in Iran toppled.\n\nThe 65-year-old has been vocal in his support for US and Israeli military action against the Iranian regime, but criticised Donald Trump's ceasefire announcement on April 3.\n\nMr Trump also delivered the would-be heir a crushing blow shortly after launching strikes against his homeland last month.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIn an Oval Office meeting with none other than German Chancellor Friedrich Merz, Mr Trump said that while \"some people like him\", the administration has not \"been thinking too much\" about installing him as leader.\n\nThe President said he was unsure \"how he'd play within his own country.\"\n\nMr Pahlavi has also warned that the recent ceasefire assumed the Iranian regime could be trusted to act in good faith.\n\n“I’m not saying that diplomacy should not be given a chance, but I think diplomacy has been given enough [of a] chance,” he said.\n\nMr Merz issued a statement shortly after the incident in Berlin on Thursday, voicing support for the decision to extend the ceasefire agreement between the US and Iran.\n\nUrging Tehran to \"seize this opportunity\", he said: “This presents an important opportunity to resume diplomatic negotiations in Islamabad with the aim of making peace and averting further escalation of the war.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Pro-Tehran activist attacks exiled Iranian Crown Prince with red liquid in Berlin"
}