{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreia5eqqdouabd2lnh3iowyzvkk4x6flrjfqobmhrx3x6jd25vbhg54",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mjcrkmyyh4k2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreialm3lucjqaoxrxywm25zrj4uz33i6qqgwznuk55zuzointiqvjum"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 60752
  },
  "path": "/news/durham-news-boys-arrested-stolen-car",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-12T14:41:21.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Keir Starmer reported to UN for 'crimes against humanity' over treatment of Chagossians",
    "Police launch appeal after woman raped by several men outside Epsom church",
    "Former equalities chief says trans activists ‘targeted me and my family’ with vile threats",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nTwo boys aged 12 and 16 are in police custody following an early morning collision in Hartlepool involving a vehicle that had been reported stolen during the night.\n\nThe incident occurred shortly before 5.25am on Sunday at the junction where Winterbottom Avenue meets Warren Road in County Durham.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nA red Ford Ka, taken overnight, crashed into a Mercedes Vito taxi at the junction.\n\nFollowing the impact, both vehicles careered into a pedestrian barrier at the scene.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe teenage occupant of the Ka was knocked unconscious in the crash and lost several teeth, while the younger occupant suffered cuts and bruising.\n\nBoth were transported to the University Hospital of North Tees for medical attention.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe taxi driver, a 49-year-old man, sustained a head injury during the collision.\n\nHe remains at the same hospital receiving ongoing treatment.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Keir Starmer reported to UN for 'crimes against humanity' over treatment of Chagossians\n  * Police launch appeal after woman raped by several men outside Epsom church\n  * Former equalities chief says trans activists ‘targeted me and my family’ with vile threats\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAll three individuals involved in the crash are currently being cared for by medical staff at the North Tees facility.\n\nIt is understood that an individual fled the scene prior to the arrival of police officers.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe two young occupants of the stolen Ford have been detained on suspicion of multiple driving offences and will face questioning by investigators.\n\nCleveland Police are urging members of the public to assist with their enquiries.\n\nThe force stated: \"We would appeal for anyone with information or any relevant doorbell, dash cam or private CCTV footage who has not yet spoken to police to contact us on the 101 number or via the Cleveland Police website.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Two boys, aged 12 and 16, arrested after ‘their stolen car crashed into taxi’"
}