{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreicb7uqgvktxa547fuk4rzpquzn64afu3f7hkacovnrjpzaq7llveq",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mjcktvyp6gc2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreif5tjbh55mbp5q4glgyu6a2vlfsear2pom5kh6aiq6azfpi37pg34"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 76950
  },
  "path": "/royal/andrew-mountbatten-windsor-royal-family-king-charles",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-12T13:22:36.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "moved out of Royal Lodge and into his new home at Marsh Farm",
    "visit from his younger brother, Prince Edward",
    "Princess Royal is also said to have called Andrew",
    "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle step out for glam event hours after libel case brought forward",
    "Locals continue to fume at 'inconsiderate' Pippa Middleton and billionaire husband after closure at village estate",
    "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Australia tour could be 'blueprint for return to UK,' insider claims",
    "pushing to remove Andrew from the line of succession",
    "out of the royal fold",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nThe Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor saga has illustrated a \"separation\" within the Royal Family, a royal commentator has claimed.\n\nAndrew finally moved out of Royal Lodge and into his new home at Marsh Farm earlier this week.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nDuring the move, the former Duke of York resided in a temporary home, Wood Farm, where he was arrested on February 19 on suspicion of misconduct in public office.\n\nThe 66-year-old is said to have had few visitors during his two-month stay on the farm, but he is believed to have received a visit from his younger brother, Prince Edward, and his wife, Sophie.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThose in Edward's inner circle told the Mail he has been \"deeply unsettled\" in recent weeks, troubled by the allegations surrounding his brother and his association with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein - something the former duke has always strenuously denied.\n\nBut the couple had become concerned about Mr Mountbatten-Windsor's \"fragile state of mind,\" and therefore visited the former Duke of York for a \"brotherly welfare check\".\n\nThe Princess Royal is also said to have called Andrew and offered her Gatcombe Park estate in Gloucestershire for him to move into - despite protesters swarming her car at a recent engagement, demanding answers on her brother's ties to Epstein.\n\nThe attitudes of both Edward and Princess Anne seem to be a stark difference from those of King Charles and his son, Prince William.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAnd former BBC correspondent Jennie Bond believes this is down to a \"separation\" in the family, between the Royal Family and the direct lineage to the throne.\n\n\"I think this is an illustration of the separation of the institution of monarchy and the royal family,\" she explained to The Mirror.\n\n\"The King and his heir, William, have a vested interest in protecting the monarchy - and feel they have a duty to do so.\n\n\"Andrew poses a threat to the good name of the monarchy, and so both Charles and William are keeping their distance.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL NEWS\n\n\n\n\n  * Prince Harry and Meghan Markle step out for glam event hours after libel case brought forward\n  * Locals continue to fume at 'inconsiderate' Pippa Middleton and billionaire husband after closure at village estate\n  * Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Australia tour could be 'blueprint for return to UK,' insider claims\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"I'm sure Anne and Edward feel the same loyalty to the Crown, but they are also slightly more at liberty to keep in contact with their brother, Andrew. And it seems they are doing so.\"\n\nIn contrast to Anne and Edwards' show of support for their brother, neither the King nor his son William are believed to have met Andrew since his arrest.\n\nThe monarch stripped him of his royal titles in October 2025 and later booted him out of his home of 20 years.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAs for William, a source close to the family told Hello he has \"never had a close relationship\" with Mr Mountbatten-Windsor.\n\nRoyal author Andrew Lownie claimed the Waleses are \"clearly distancing themselves\" from the former duke, and reports emerged last month that William is also pushing to remove Andrew from the line of succession_._\n\nIt was previously revealed that William wanted Andrew out of the royal fold all the way back in 2019, following his disastrous BBC Newsnight interview.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor saga shows 'separation in Royal Family' as King Charles 'keeps his distance,' commentator claims"
}