{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreifxlxyzm5qxrtcgqaqx4f4cid6wudigafs5jpv3e7ttw5h4iaj3p4",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mj65pvs55te2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreidorochhqkijai5vwk4uunddlxvazegoqhxaq5t4fpfco6yhcefwa"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 60127
  },
  "path": "/news/london-news-teenager-16-charged-murder-14-year-old-boy-shot-dead-woolwich",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-10T18:53:17.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "British tourist dead and more than 20 injured after bus crashes into ravine on Canary Islands",
    "Sudanese man arrested on suspicion of endangering life after four migrants died in Channel crossing",
    "Sentebale charity sues Prince Harry for libel following major fallout",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nA 16-year-old from Romford had been charged with the murder of Eghosa Ogbebor, 14, who was shot dead in south-east London last week, the Metropolitan Police said.\n\nEghosa Ogbebor was shot dead in Lord Warwick Street, Woolwich, with police called to the scene at about 3.40pm last Thursday.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe 16-year-old, from Romford, who was first arrested last Saturday before being released on bail, will appear at Thames Magistrates Court tomorrow (April 11).\n\nAnother 16-year-old boy was also arrested today on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe Met said six others arrested in connection with the victim’s death - boys aged 14, 16 and 16 and men aged 18, 19 and 46, have been bailed while inquiries continue.\n\nDespite the efforts of emergency responders on the April 2 afternoon, the teenager was found with severe injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.\n\nInitially, officers were unable to establish the victim's identity, and he was mistakenly referred to as an adult by the police.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nEghosa’s family continue to be supported by specialist officers, the force added, and an investigation remains ongoing.\n\nOn April 4, officers had arrested a 16-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man in Woolwich on suspicion of murder, and a 46-year-old man on suspicion of assisting an offender.\n\nAll three were released on bail, the police said.\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * British tourist dead and more than 20 injured after bus crashes into ravine on Canary Islands\n  * Sudanese man arrested on suspicion of endangering life after four migrants died in Channel crossing\n  * Sentebale charity sues Prince Harry for libel following major fallout\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nA 14-year-old boy, 16-year-old boy and 18-year-old man were later arrested on April 3 in connection with Eghosa’s death.\n\nThey have also been bailed while inquiries continue.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nDetective Chief Inspector Lucie Card, who is leading the investigation, said: \"Our team of dedicated detectives are continuing enquiries to investigate Eghosa's tragic death.\n\n\"We appreciate the concern that Eghosa's death has caused, particularly among the local community who will continue to see an increased police presence around the area\".\n\nThe senior officer urged anyone with information or who witnessed suspicious activity to contact police on 101, quoting reference CAD 4848/2APR, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Teenager, 16, charged with murder of 14-year-old boy shot dead in Woolwich"
}