{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifqqqdefuxo63rmjnfxupayp37zvouwayrlyijqbjul5d4bbfqxuq",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mj5wzragtjj2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreievjya2vwlxs75mccoc6bqs3t2unvmen64um4gsrr5bvzvrizzq3a"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 53798
},
"path": "/royal/prince-harry-sued-libel-sentebale-royal-feud",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-10T16:33:26.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"scathing statement",
"Harry suffers blow ahead of trip to Australia as ticket prices to key event",
"Taxpayers set to fund part of Prince Harry and Meghan's Australia tour despite couple ruling it out",
"New details emerge on Prince Harry's feud with Queen Elizabeth II's close ally",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nA charity co-founded by Prince Harry in honour of his late mother, Princess Diana, which he quit following a high-profile dispute, is suing the British royal for libel at the High Court in London, a court record showed on Friday.\n\nThe Duke of Sussex co-founded Sentebale in 2006 to help young people with HIV and AIDS in Lesotho and Botswana.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHowever, he resigned as a patron in March 2025 after a public falling-out with the chairwoman of the board, Sophie Chandauka.\n\nGB News has contacted the Duke of Sussex's representatives for comment.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAccording to a record made public on Friday, Sentebale lodged a defamation claim last month at the High Court against Harry and one of his close friends, Mark Dyer, who was also a trustee of the charity.\n\nThere were no details as to what the lawsuit involved; it was originally filed on March 24.\n\nThe Board of Trustees and the Executive Director of Sentebale issued a scathing statement on Friday evening, accusing Harry and Mr Dyer of \"triggering an onslaught of cyber-bullying\", claims to which the duke has not yet responded.\n\nThe charity's co-founder, Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, and the board of trustees joined Harry in leaving Sentebale last year.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe duke helped set up the charity nine years after Princess Diana was killed in a Paris car crash.\n\nSentebale means \"forget-me-not\" in the local language of Lesotho in southern Africa.\n\nPrince Harry previously called the breakdown in the relationship with Dr Chandauka devastating.\n\nThe chairwoman reported the 41-year-old prince and the trustees to Britain's charity regulator for alleged bullying and harassment.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n * Harry suffers blow ahead of trip to Australia as ticket prices to key event\n * Taxpayers set to fund part of Prince Harry and Meghan's Australia tour despite couple ruling it out\n * New details emerge on Prince Harry's feud with Queen Elizabeth II's close ally\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAfter a review, the Charity Commission reported it had found no evidence of bullying.\n\nHowever, it said there had been weak governance and criticised all parties for allowing an internal dispute to become public.\n\nDr Chandauka previously said Harry’s “unleashing of the Sussex machine” had broken the relationship between the prince and the 540 people who work for the Sentebale charity.\n\nShe claimed the duke briefed the press about stepping back from the charity before letting her or the charity’s executive director know first.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSources close to Harry described her claims as \"baseless\" and a \"publicity stunt\".\n\nFollowing the Charity Commission report that scrutinised the dispute, a spokesman for Prince Harry stated that the report \"falls troublingly short\".\n\nHe added that the \"consequences of the current chair's actions will not be borne by her, but by the children who rely on Sentebale's support\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Sentebale charity sues Prince Harry for libel following major fallout with chairwoman"
}