{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreibbk4j2t2h5lwx3s4k4hnviebpild6wnrmrvtfgm5j2hwqsuumpue",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mj5cvohnxd52"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreid4mirsdz4ihazac5qzarmeadax4jrul5n6yoyivlggk536bouxpa"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 49243
  },
  "path": "/celebrity/gemma-collins-breaks-silence-im-a-celeb-sinitta-row-brutal-response",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-10T12:20:16.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "View this post on Instagram",
    "A post shared by Gemma Clair Collins © (@gemmacollins)",
    "Muslim MasterChef contestant refuses to cook pork dish over religious beliefs: 'It's forbidden!'",
    "Brooklyn Beckham delivers cryptic swipe at parents as he makes Nicola Peltz anniversary gesture",
    "Bafta apologises 'unreservedly' to black and disability communities after review into awards saga",
    "A post shared by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (@imacelebrity)",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nGemma Collins has hit back at Sinitta following their explosive confrontation on Thursday evening's I'm A Celebrity, posting a strong message on Instagram this morning.\n\nThe former Towie star shared an old video clip of herself declaring: \"Everyone that ever doubted me, said I was never gonna be anything... f*** you.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n>        View this post on Instagram            \n>\n> A post shared by Gemma Clair Collins © (@gemmacollins)\n\nAccompanying the footage, the 45-year-old wrote in the caption: \"Never let people tell your a JOKE. I've been through thousands of trials and tribulations to get where I am today.\" (sic)\n\nThe response came after So Macho singer Sinitta dismissed Ms Collins’ 2022 casting in the West End musical Chicago as a \"joke announcement\" during a tense exchange in camp.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe clash erupted when the 62-year-old pop star quizzed Ms Collins about her withdrawal from the musical, in which she had been set to portray Matron \"Mama\" Morton.\n\nWhen Ms Collins cited a serious injury and insurance complications as the reason for pulling out, Sinitta refused to accept the explanation.\n\n\"I'm sorry, but I'm going to admit it, when I heard you were going to do it, I thought it was a joke announcement,\" she told the Essex star.\n\nThe singer then likened the Towie star to Hollywood socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor, remarking: \"Very camp, very glamorous. You don't really do anything, but you make a great entrance and make everybody laugh.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSinitta also labelled her campmate a \"comedian\" and admitted she had no idea Ms Collins possessed any singing or dancing ability.\n\nMs Collins firmly defended herself during the heated exchange, insisting she had earned the role through a legitimate audition process.\n\n\"It's not a joke, Sinitta, I auditioned for it fair and square. Did all the training and everything, had a voice coach,\" she told the singer.\n\nShe added: \"I don't think you'd get cast as Mama Morton in Chicago if you didn't pass the audition.\"\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Muslim MasterChef contestant refuses to cook pork dish over religious beliefs: 'It's forbidden!'\n  * Brooklyn Beckham delivers cryptic swipe at parents as he makes Nicola Peltz anniversary gesture\n  * Bafta apologises 'unreservedly' to black and disability communities after review into awards saga\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n>        View this post on Instagram            \n>\n> A post shared by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! (@imacelebrity)\n\nSpeaking privately to the camera afterwards, the visibly upset 45-year-old addressed the remarks directly.\n\n\"I'm not a joke, darling. I am not a joke. I have done everything in my life on my own. So I was just taken aback, but it was just a bit weird,\" she confessed.\n\nThe uncomfortable exchange did not go unnoticed by their fellow campmates, with comedian Seann Walsh and former jungle queen Scarlett Moffatt watching on in disbelief.\n\nAt one point, Mr Walsh buried his head in his hands while Ms Moffatt sank into her hammock, wide-eyed, though neither intervened.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nViewers took to social media to condemn Sinitta's behaviour, with many branding her comments \"rude\" and \"harsh\".\n\nOne fan suggested the singer felt \"threatened by the possibility of loss of screen time\" following Ms Collins' arrival at main camp.\n\nAnother pointed out they had to search online for Sinitta's surname, arguing Ms Collins was the more recognisable of the two.\n\nSomeone said: “That’s hurtful. Gemma tried to shrug it off but you could see it had upset her.”\n\n“The audacity of Sinitta who has clung off Simon Cowell's coat-tails for years,” another quipped before a third added: “This was so rude. Even if you thought it, wwhhyyy say it!?”\n\nAnother shocked viewer penned: “Sinitta telling Gemma ‘I didn’t know you did anything’ ‘didn’t know you could sing and dance’ whilst Sinitta hasn’t been doing much since the 80s.” (sic)\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "Gemma Collins breaks silence on ITV I'm A Celebrity Sinitta row after on-screen clash sparks controversy: 'F*** you!'"
}