{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifilsbrdc6dpv27dapuaav5rgrhydvkxxykkvnblhwffcawki4hdu",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mixafjytklv2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreif2l2y5uvdygpkrg7owl3u7lalf57lsz6krbdooclzgioxt5soec4"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 91006
},
"path": "/news/world/iran-ceasefire-donald-trump-strait-of-hormuz-open-peace-plan",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-08T01:17:05.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"despite him being unconscious",
"WATCH: Crowds chant 'Allahu Akbar' outside Downing Street for 'emergency anti-Trump protest'",
"Tehran forces Iranians to form 'human shields' as US prepares to destroy 'whole civilisation'",
"Donald Trump announces 'double-sided' ceasefire with Iran for two weeks",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nIran has issued a deathly warning to Donald Trump after he announced a \"double-sided\" ceasefire for two weeks - but has agreed to open the Strait of Hormuz.\n\nTehran's Security Council, early on Wednesday morning, said: \"Our fingers are on the trigger, and as soon as the enemy makes the slightest mistake, it will be answered with full force.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nFormal talks are set to be held in Islamabad, Pakistan, on April 10, to finalise the details of a peace plan - while US Secretary of War Pete Hegseth will address the media later today.\n\nPakistan has brokered negotiations between Iran and the US - with China also said to have played a role in the final ceasefire talks.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nIran's new Ayatollah, Mojtaba Khamenei, agreed to the conditional ceasefire, three Iranian officials told The New York Times - despite him being unconscious.\n\nAlongside the Americans' 15-point plan, Iran's proposed 10-point peace plan will be the basis of the negotiations.\n\nThe latter would see Iran charging vessels to pass through the strait, the end of the war against Iran and its proxies, and the withdrawal of US combat forces from all regional bases.\n\nIt contains no concessions over its nuclear programme, which the US says was its basis for starting the war.\n\nIran said the goals of its April 10 talks with the US would be to confirm \"Iran's battlefield achievements politically within maximum of 15 days\" in line with the peace plan.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nBut it added the talks may continue past the planned date if both sides agree.\n\nDonald Trump first announced the ceasefire in a statement on social media.\n\nOn Tuesday night he said: \"I agree to suspend the bombing and attack of Iran for a period of two weeks. This will be a double sided CEASEFIRE!\"\n\nThe two-week ceasefire was announced two hours before his deadline for Iran to agree to talks, saying earlier that \"a whole civilisation\" would \"die tonight\".\n\nWashington has indicated it is still discussing in-person talks with Tehran.\n\nWhile Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said \"if attacks against Iran are halted\", Tehran \"will cease their defensive operations\".\n\n### LATEST ON IRAN:\n\n\n\n\n * WATCH: Crowds chant 'Allahu Akbar' outside Downing Street for 'emergency anti-Trump protest'\n * Tehran forces Iranians to form 'human shields' as US prepares to destroy 'whole civilisation'\n * Donald Trump announces 'double-sided' ceasefire with Iran for two weeks\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe also said \"safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz will be possible via coordination with Iran's armed forces and with due consideration of technical limitations\".\n\nIranians in Tehran were seen celebrating the ceasefire gathering in the streets - and burning Israeli and American flags.\n\nSince the agreement, which is in place \"everywhere\" - including Lebanon and Israel - was announced, Israel was forced to activate at least two missile alarms.\n\nNo casualties or damage have been reported, but bangs were heard in the skies over central Israel.\n\nOther countries across the Middle East have issued warnings or sounded sirens since the ceasefire was announced.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAuthorities in the UAE said its air defence systems were engaging with both missiles and drone threats from Iran - and urged the public to find shelter.\n\nKuwaiti officials said its air defence was intercepting \"hostile\" missiles and drone attacks.\n\nBahrain had its missile sirens blare, encouraging the public to head to a safe place.\n\nAnd the Saudi Civil Defense issued a warning of potential danger.\n\nQatar has said the security threat level is high and encouraged the public to remain indoors.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Iran warns Donald Trump: 'Our fingers are on the trigger' - but AGREES to open Strait of Hormuz"
}