{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreifqjo6txvgchmb7anxnpt77lhuxdxrjofwfi7bhakyynnccq2qldi",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mh4kg36isgw2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreibhk457w5ldqtbu67zsn2pfg5d6az3m3pzwuz6b2ex6bo2tljij2u"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 41412
  },
  "path": "/royal/princess-eugenie-princess-beatrice-titled-axed-royal-news",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-15T17:00:03.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "E20 Communications",
    "Labour ministers demand investigation after claims Andrew sought £50k each for Beatrice and Eugenie",
    "Princess Eugenie steps down from anti-slavery charity",
    "Beatrice and Eugenie 'bitterly disappointed' after being 'banned from attending Royal Ascot'",
    "Princess Eugenie stepped down as patron of Anti-Slavery International on March 8",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nPrincess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie should not lose their Royal Family titles, PR expert Lynn Carratt has told GB News.\n\nQuestions have been raised over the sisters’ future public place within the Royal Family.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe royal website lists Beatrice and Eugenie in the line of succession at ninth and 12th, respectively.\n\nThe debate over the York sisters has intensified since Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest last month on suspicion of misconduct in public office and the subsequent pressure on ministers to consider legislation over his position in the succession.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nBeatrice and Eugenie's father, Mr Mountbatten-Windsor, has consistently denied any wrongdoing.\n\nThe Government is not ruling out taking action on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's place in the line of succession, but there has been no official move against his daughters’ status.\n\nIn October 2025, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s daughters would be unaffected after he gave up use of the Duke of York title.\n\nMs Carratt, a PR expert from E20 Communications, said the princesses should not be drawn into the controversy surrounding their father.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nShe told the People's Channel: “Stripping them (Beatrice and Eugenie) of titles would risk creating public backlash.”\n\nThe commentator added that their own identities and work should be viewed separately.\n\nMs Carratt said: “Their roles as royal princesses and as private individuals carving out their own careers and identities remain separate from Andrew’s controversies.”\n\nNeither Beatrice nor Eugenie are full-time working royals on behalf of the King. Despite this, they remain valued members of the Royal Family and are often present at wider public events, like Christmas and Easter.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Labour ministers demand investigation after claims Andrew sought £50k each for Beatrice and Eugenie\n  * Princess Eugenie steps down from anti-slavery charity\n  * Beatrice and Eugenie 'bitterly disappointed' after being 'banned from attending Royal Ascot'\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nRecent developments have kept them in the headlines. Princess Eugenie stepped down as patron of Anti-Slavery International on March 8, although the charity did not publicly attribute the change to the Mr Mountbatten-Windsor controversy.\n\nMs Carratt said removing the sisters’ titles could create a new controversy rather than resolving the current one: “Retaining their titles maintains fairness, respects their personal achievements, and avoids unnecessary complications for the Royal Family.\n\n“Removing them could create more headlines for all the wrong reasons and inadvertently draw attention to the very issue they have no part in.”\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe sisters remain behind Mr Mountbatten-Windsor in the order of succession, with Beatrice followed by her daughters Sienna and Athena, and Eugenie followed by her sons August and Ernest.\n\nThat means any debate over Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s place in the line naturally also draws in discussion of the wider York branch of the family.\n\nBut at present, the official changes under consideration are centred on Mr Mountbatten-Windsor himself rather than Beatrice or Eugenie.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **",
  "title": "Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice 'should not lose their Royal Family titles'"
}