{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreigt33g7l3wevzkymcnvuxs5br6pkxdcpbdebwvwwrq6lqk63437xi",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mh2uqg5svdv2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreihsac4ouzfk6id2dzeo3e3zjmcehbcjigmcln7dozirfokf2hjkxi"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 73086
},
"path": "/news/left-wing-group-nationwide-shoplifting-spree-liberate-food-billionaires",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-15T02:10:10.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Sainsbury's manager wins more than £10,000 after boss left him off International Men's Day post",
"Winston Churchill to be scrapped from banknotes as Bank of England panel labels decision 'overdue'",
"St George's Day parade risks being cancelled as council accused of 'anti-English agenda'",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nA left-wing activist group staged a nationwide shoplifting spree to \"liberate\" food from supermarket shelves in protest against \"billionaires\".\n\nTake Back Power members carried out coordinated thefts from major supermarket chains across four British cities on Saturday morning, taking items from shelves before delivering them to food banks.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe group, widely seen as the successor organisation to Just Stop Oil, targeted branches of Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Tesco in Exeter, Truro, Manchester and south-east London.\n\nThe action began at around 8.30am, with participants entering stores in Devon, Cornwall, Didsbury and Lewisham at the same time.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nFootage released by the group showed activists removing items including tinned tomatoes, pasta sauce, dried pasta, stock cubes, rice, baked beans, tea bags and nappies from shelves.\n\nThe goods were placed into cardboard boxes labelled: \"These things are going to those who need them.\"\n\nActivists then left the stores without paying before depositing the items at food bank collection points or distributing them to passers-by.\n\nNo arrests had been made by Saturday afternoon, according to a spokesman for the group.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSecurity staff confronted activists at the Exeter and London stores, but no detentions were made.\n\nThe organisation described the raids as \"non-violent action to resist the super-rich\" and claimed the goods had been \"liberated\".\n\nRuth Cook, a 74-year-old company director, took part in the Morrisons raid on Prince Charles Road in Exeter.\n\n\"We have a terrible situation in this country,\" she said.\n\n### WOKE MADNESS - READ THE LATEST:\n\n\n\n\n * Sainsbury's manager wins more than £10,000 after boss left him off International Men's Day post\n * Winston Churchill to be scrapped from banknotes as Bank of England panel labels decision 'overdue'\n * St George's Day parade risks being cancelled as council accused of 'anti-English agenda'\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"Families are struggling and children are going hungry, while the profits some companies make are obscene,\" Ms Cook said.\n\n\"The answer is to tax the super-rich. I'm taking this food and delivering it to a food bank collection point because we need to do something about this.\"\n\nEve Middleton, 25, also took part in the Tesco theft on Parrs Wood Lane in Didsbury, claiming \"billionaires hoard wealth\".\n\nThe group warned further action would follow.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"Until the Government makes a meaningful statement in response to our demand, we will undertake non-violent action to resist the super-rich, who are driving us towards social collapse,\" it said.\n\nThe group also criticised executive pay, writing: \"The CEO of Sainsbury's pays himself 239 times that of an ordinary full time employee in his company.\"\n\nTake Back Power says its aim is to \"tax the rich to fix Britain\".\n\nCo-founder Arthur Clifton, 25, previously outlined plans for mass mobilisation at a launch event attended by more than 140 prospective activists.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nMr Clifton, who was educated at Latymer Upper School - where annual fees reach £30,000 - said groups of up to 100 activists intend to enter food retailers including Marks and Spencer and \"strip the shelves\".\n\nHe has previous convictions linked to Just Stop Oil protests.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Left-wing activist group launches nationwide shoplifting spree to ‘liberate’ food in protest against 'billionaires'"
}