{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreignsj6d45b23xnqpasye5yjfkxgy6v22emz3x3gmkkc4apigfwomq",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mh2an6szypo2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreictsvw3fs6u62tpnl664exiw3rgdyivqen7t5jw3yneybejevkxwi"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 55486
},
"path": "/royal/prince-william-candid-response-andrew-mountbatten-windsor",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-14T18:30:04.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"E20 Communications",
"heard by GB News' Royal Correspondent Cameron Walker",
"Andrew's security fence at new home nearly complete ahead of former prince's move",
"Royals met with Andrew protest at Commonwealth Day service",
"Labour ministers demand investigation after claims Andrew sought £50k each",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nPrince William's candid response to the Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor crisis, demonstrated through his remarks and actions, has been \"striking in its honesty\", a PR expert has told GB News.\n\nThe former Duke of York was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on his 66th birthday last month and subsequently released that evening. He has consistently denied any wrongdoing.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe Government is not ruling out action on the line of succession, and MPs have already questioned ministers over whether Mr Mountbatten-Windsor should remain in place. The royal website continues to list him eighth.\n\nThe Prince and Princess of Wales are understood to have supported King Charles's official statement that was released at the time, which expressed \"deepest concern\" and emphasised that \"the law must take its course\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAgainst that backdrop, William has continued with official duties.\n\nFor example, he chaired a meeting of The Prince’s Council in Somerset on March 2 and attended the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey with the Princess of Wales on March 9.\n\nThe Waleses also stepped out on March 12, visiting the RNLI Tower Lifeboat Station to hear about the vital work of RNLI staff and volunteers saving lives on the River Thames.\n\nPR expert Lynn Carratt, from E20 Communications, told the People's Channel: “William is balancing personal loyalty to family, the weight of public expectations, and his own emotional responses to a challenging situation.”\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nPrince William’s comment that he was “not” in a “calm state” at this year’s Bafta Film Awards also drew fresh attention to the pressures facing the heir to the throne.\n\nMs Carratt claims the remark stood out because of how rarely senior royals speak so personally in public.\n\nThe Waleses attended the British Academy Film Awards at the Royal Festival Hall on February 22, where William appeared as Bafta’s president.\n\nHis remark was heard by GB News' Royal Correspondent Cameron Walker after the future king was asked on the Bafta red carpet about watching the film Hamnet.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n * Andrew's security fence at new home nearly complete ahead of former prince's move\n * Royals met with Andrew protest at Commonwealth Day service\n * Labour ministers demand investigation after claims Andrew sought £50k each\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe Prince of Wales said he needed to be in “quite a calm state” and added: “I’m not at the moment. I will save it.”\n\nMs Carratt continued: “It shows the pressures of monarchy in full view: behind the crown lies a man who feels deeply.\n\n“Prince William’s admission that he was not ‘in a calm state’ is striking in its honesty. Royals rarely speak in such personal terms, which makes his comment all the more revealing.”\n\nThe Bafta appearance was William and Catherine’s first major joint public engagement since Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nWilliam also had an emotional reaction during the in memoriam segment. The Prince of Wales appeared close to tears as Jessie Ware performed during the tribute.\n\nMs Carratt said that moment had reinforced the sense of personal strain: “His visible emotion at the Baftas, tearing up during the in memoriam song, highlights the human side of his role.\n\n“Public reactions often humanise William, creating empathy and understanding that his position alone cannot convey.”\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **",
"title": "Prince William’s candid response is ‘striking in its honesty’ amid Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor crisis"
}