{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreieuxplywyzjupwzuclsadmse6vs3onc7muglotgq47qencpxkynjy",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgyroovhkhq2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreigemom3vqgpwt4nqkkqtyyrgwqsr3aqi43xubsy7npcoabcjegwb4"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 52373
  },
  "path": "/royal/prince-william-kate-middleton-princess-of-wales-inside-the-place-offer",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-14T06:00:03.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Sign up for the GB News Royal Newsletter to get the latest analysis straight to your inbox.",
    "Queen Camilla 'felt Meghan Markle brainwashed Prince Harry' in comment to friend",
    "Catherine sends gift to staff and patients of hospital where she had cancer treatment",
    "Andrew, Lord Mandelson and Jeffrey Epstein's first known photograph together uncovered",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nGB News' Royal Correspondent Cameron Walker has provided his exclusive insight into the real reason Prince William declined Catherine's offer of a coffee, Queen Camilla's subtle dig at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and King Charles meeting a Second World War hero at Buckingham Palace.\n\nSign up for the GB News Royal Newsletter to get the latest analysis straight to your inbox.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n## The real reason Prince William declined Catherine's offer\n\nThe Prince and Princess of Wales made an unannounced visit to Borough Market in London on Thursday, supporting local businesses and the best of British food.\n\nAn award-winning family cheesemakers was the first stop, where Prince William joked about \"stinking bishop\" and helped the owner cut wedges of British cheddar to sell on his stall.\n\nTrethowan Brothers produce small-batch traditional cheeses, whose stall has been part of the market for almost 30 years.\n\nNext, Prince William and Catherine visited _Change Please_ ,__ a coffee stall that supports people experiencing homelessness through barista training.\n\nLast year, The Prince's _Homewards_ programme provided funding to the organisation to run an employability scheme in Northern Ireland.\n\nAt the stall, Catherine was shown how to make the perfect cappuccino - preparing the espresso shot and steaming the milk.\n\nShe was so pleased with her creation, that she offered it to her husband.\n\n\"William, I made you a coffee,\" she said.\n\n\"Is it decaf?\" Prince William replied, adding: \"It looks well made. They can sell it.\"\n\nTo be clear, the declined coffee offer wasn't a snub; the royal couple laughed about it.\n\nIn fact, the future King is no longer a coffee drinker.\n\nHe previously told a podcast: \"If I drink coffee, I get completely bananas…caffeine gets me really agitated.\"\n\nDuring a visit to Cornwall in 2022, Prince William revealed he used to drink two of three cups a day, especially when tired from parenting duties.\n\n\nNowadays, I understand he prefers a cup of great British tea. Who can blame him?\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n## The Queen's subtle dig at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor\n\nLong before Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, The Queen was deeply concerned about the alleged actions of her brother-in-law.\n\nMr Mountbatten-Windsor has always denied the allegations made against him and has been released under investigation.\n\nMeanwhile, a new photograph uncovered by ITV News appears to show Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and disgraced former Ambassador to the United States and Labour figure, Peter Mandelson, sat in bathrobes with Jeffrey Epstein.\n\nMandelson was also arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office and was released under investigation.\n\nLord Mandelson has not responded to previous requests for comment, but GB News understands that, prior to his arrest, his position was that he has not acted criminally and did not act for personal gain.\n\nIn 2022, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor settled out of court, reportedly paying £12million to Virginia Giuffre - a woman he claims to have never met.\n\nNow, Department of Justice files show a second woman was trafficked by Andrew's friend, Jeffrey Epstein, to have sex with Queen Elizabeth II's son in Royal Lodge.\n\nJust to be clear, we have contacted Mr Mountbatten-Windsor's representatives on a number of occasions since the so-called _Epstein Files_ were released in the United States, asking for comment on specific allegations.\n\nThey have not responded to GB News, but Andrew has previously denied all allegations of wrongdoing.\nMeanwhile, Queen Camilla continues her support for women and girls who have experienced sexual assault or domestic violence.\n\nEarlier this month, she was left \"speechless\" after reading Gisèle Pelicot's memoir and meeting her in London.\n\nMadame Pelicot was drugged, raped by her husband and dozens of other men while unconscious.\nShe bravely waived her right to anonymity to tell her story.\n\nThis week, Her Majesty hosted a reception for Women of the World - a global alliance, working together to drive an equal and inclusive future for women and girls.\n\nThe Queen has been President since 2015, and delivered a powerful speech at the event.\n\nHer words appear to be a subtle dig at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.\n\nHer Majesty said: \"To every survivor of every kind of violence, many of whom have not been able to tell their stories or who have not been believed, please know that you are not alone.\n\n\"We stand with you and alongside you, today and every day, in solidarity, sorrow and sympathy.\n\n\"Every woman has a story. And these stories must be told. Because when we live in a culture of silence, we empower violence against women and girls.\"\n\nKing Charles, with The Queen's support, took the unprecedented step to remove his brother's remaining titles - including his _Prince_ title - back in October.\n\nIt's clear that The Queen is on the side of the survivors.\n\nAs her badge she wore during the reception said: \"shame must change sides\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Queen Camilla 'felt Meghan Markle brainwashed Prince Harry' in comment to friend\n  * Catherine sends gift to staff and patients of hospital where she had cancer treatment\n  * Andrew, Lord Mandelson and Jeffrey Epstein's first known photograph together uncovered\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n## King welcomes Second World War Hero to Buckingham Palace\n\nAt the impressive age of 105, Second World War hero Flight Lieutenant Colin Bell was invited to Buckingham Palace to meet The King.\n\nHe is the last surviving bomber pilot to have flown the de Havilland Mosquito aircraft during the fight to defeat Nazi Germany.\n\nHis bravery led to King Charles' grandfather, King George VI, awarding Flt Lt Bell the Distinguished Flying Cross in 1945.\n\nIt was awarded for \"acts of valour, courage or devotion to duty while flying in active operations against the enemy\".\n\nThe King and Flt Lt Bell shook hands and chatted during the audience, where His Majesty presented him with the citation to his Distinguished Flying Cross.\n\nThe war veteran gave The King a copy of his new memoir, _Bloody Dangerous,_ describing his experiences as a Mosquito pilot.\n\nThe plane was known as the \"wooden wonder\" for being mostly constructed of wood.\n\nFlt Lt Bell took part in 50 raids over Germany, including 13 to Berlin, during the Second World War. In one dangerous moment, Colin was chased by the German Messerschmitt 262 jet fighters and experienced engine failures.\n\nFlt Lt Bell also experienced fuel starvation, dangerous ice, numerous hits to his plane, and an explosion that left shrapnel in his parachute and burn marks on his navigator's flying suit.\n\nThe King has previously called the wartime generation an \"inspiration\" and said society is \"eternally in their debt\" for defeating tyranny.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "The real reason Prince William declined Catherine's offer - Inside the Palace"
}