External Publication
Visit Post

Michelle Tsiakkas pulls out of Strictly tour following 'axe' from BBC series amid mass pro dancer cull

Home: Latest & breaking News | GB News [Unofficial] March 12, 2026
Source

Michelle Tsiakkas has pulled out of the Strictly Professionals 2026 Tour amid speculation that she has been dropped from the BBC programme.

Tour organisers announced her departure on their official Instagram account, stating they were "naturally disappointed but respect her decision and wish her every success for the future."

The withdrawal comes as reports suggest the professional dancer is among several performers facing the axe from the troubled television series.

Tsiakkas is reportedly set to lose her place alongside fellow professionals Nadiya Bychkova, Luba Mushtuk, Gorka Márquez and Karen Hauer, who has allegedly already been informed her contract will not be renewed.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Strictly Come Dancing Live (@strictlycomedancinglive)

The BBC show has undergone significant upheaval following the exit of presenters Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman.

The tour confirmed that rehearsals will commence early next month with the remaining professional dancers ahead of the April launch.

Those continuing with the production include Julian Caillon, Vito Coppola, Neil Jones, Gorka, Lauren Oakley, Jowita Przystał, Luba, Alexis Warr, Kai Widdrington and Nancy Xu.

The announcement notably features some dancers who are reportedly being dropped from the main television series, including Gorka and Luba.

Neil Jones, who has seldom been paired with a celebrity partner on the programme, will reportedly go without one again this year.

Nancy Xu is also expected to be without a celebrity dance partner for the upcoming series.

Both dancers may still feature in the large group performance numbers, according to reports.

Karen Hauer, who joined the show in 2012 and remains the longest-serving female professional, was reportedly told last week that her time on Strictly has ended.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

  • Ola Jordan shares verdict on BBC Strictly and suggests 'half' the dancers leave amid 'axe' claims
  • Jeremy Clarkson breaks silence after AI video of him punching Keir Starmer sparks outrage
  • Katy Perry fans fume over singer's 'tone deaf' response to struggling fan: 'Do better!'

An insider told the Daily Mail: "It's very much a case of out with the old and in with the new."

The source added that Karen "was obviously very upset after being told the news, but she is trying to remain positive about the future."

Meanwhile, Katya Jones has reportedly secured a new contract and will remain part of the lineup.

Sources suggest all professional dancers have already been informed of their fate as bosses pursue a complete refresh of the programme.

The sweeping changes follow years of criticism and controversy surrounding the professional dancers on the long-running series.

Karen has indicated she will concentrate on her choreography career and her work within the fitness industry moving forward.

A source described the situation as "an awful fate for the professional dancers who have dedicated their careers to the show."

Programme bosses are understood to be seeking an entirely fresh start for Strictly following the sustained period of criticism that has engulfed the series.

The decision to overhaul the professional lineup represents one of the most significant changes in the show's history.

**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...