{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreif42fgbzattdhrnot3c3cbp6eeqlmq7kzvnedybkhtqaj2amhqt2y",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mgkjne7gjzb2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreid5uu6kl6ofk3e3tm2lzxohqpu77nbtcw2o6n64lgsr4yhrxurrvq"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 29507
  },
  "path": "/news/world/kuwait-fire-iran-war-government-building-drone-attack",
  "publishedAt": "2026-03-08T13:46:06.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Dubai International Airport",
    "Tony Blair takes turn to scold Keir Starmer over Iran indecision: 'You better show up!'",
    "WATCH: Drone hits Dubai International Airport before mammoth plume of smoke rises into sky",
    "Donald Trump rejects Keir Starmer AGAIN over slow response to Iran crisis: 'We don't need you!'",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nA high-rise tower in Kuwait erupted into flames as a huge blaze broke out in a Government building after a suspected drone attack.\n\nIn footage circulated online, flames can be seen ripping through various floors of the Public Institution for Social Security, with blazing debris plummeting to the ground.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nWhile firefighters brought the fire under control, the Kuwaiti army identified the incident as a drone attack, with officials adding civilian buildings had also been hit by shrapnel.\n\nThe military confirmed it would continue to \"engage hostile aerial targets\", with locals instructed to \"adhere to the safety and security instructions\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\nEarlier today, the social security building said the perimeter had been targeted \"resulting in material damage to the building\".\n\nDespite the Iranian President vowing to cease attacks on their neighbours on Friday night, this weekend has seen a number of drone attacks across the region.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nOn Friday night, Masoud Pezeshkian apologised to countries across the Gulf for the seven days of bombing and promised the Republic would not launch any missiles on Gulf countries unless Tehran is attacked first.\n\nBut, so far, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, as well as Kuwait, have reported drone attacks launched by Iran over the past 48 hours.\n\nYesterday morning witnessed mass travel disruption at Dubai International Airport after a video showed a soaring object dive headlong into one of the airport's terminals.\n\nThe explosion, occurring at around 8am local time, engulfed the surrounding buildings, with grey smoke billowing up into the sky.\n\n### LATEST ON THE MIDDLE EAST:\n\n\n\n\n  * Tony Blair takes turn to scold Keir Starmer over Iran indecision: 'You better show up!'\n  * WATCH: Drone hits Dubai International Airport before mammoth plume of smoke rises into sky\n  * Donald Trump rejects Keir Starmer AGAIN over slow response to Iran crisis: 'We don't need you!'\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAfter the airport alert, passengers waiting to board their flights were evacuated from the terminals and hurried down into train tunnels for safety.\n\nThe UAE Government later confirmed its air defences were activated after multiple blasts were heard in its capital and any and all travel services have been suspended.\n\nOther explosions could be heard approximately 30 miles away on the Ras Al-Khaimah coast.\n\nMeanwhile, the Saudi Government has confirmed its air defences have neutralised the latest wave of drone attacks on Sunday.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe nation's Ministry spokesman Major General Turki Al-Maliki said 13 drones had been intercepted and subsequently destroyed east of Riyadh.\n\nEight more were shot down within the country's airspace.\n\nIn the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Interior Ministry claimed an intercepted attack led to a fire breaking out in its capital of Manama, causing damage to civilian residential buildings.\n\nThis morning, Iranian attacks on the small nation damaged a water desalination plant, injuring three people in the process.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter**",
  "title": "WATCH: Kuwait Government building ablaze after suspected drone attack"
}