{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreihn7mqjumxpcwhqpucco2zf3l3vdhqf5ahco75wg3uy6oexeumcna",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mg7mwlgeedh2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreieh4etaxk3v5kov4cpygepziceoimnh6gdn2yfjbfkadumarqxepi"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 69946
},
"path": "/news/uk-evacuation-first-charter-flight-oman-muscat-britons-flee-iran-conflict",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-04T05:44:49.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Government-chartered evacuation flight for Britons in the Middle East",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nThe first Government-chartered evacuation flight for Britons in the Middle East is set to leave in a matter of hours.\n\nThe Foreign Office said the flight will depart Oman's capital, Muscat, at 7pm on Wednesday.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nPriority for the evacuation flight will be given to the most vulnerable, it added.\n\nIt will be made available for British nationals, their partners and children under 18 with a valid travel document in Oman.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nAnyone who registered their presence in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and are now in Oman has been asked to sign up for a flight home.\n\nSome 130,000 Britons have already registered their presence in the Middle East more broadly, with tourist hotspot the UAE likely accounting for much of that figure.\n\nThe Foreign Office has now said it is working with airlines on more routes in the days and weeks ahead.\n\nBut the department has pleaded with Britons not to travel to Muscat International Airport in Oman unless they are contacted by officials.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIt also warned any non-British dependents will require a valid visa or permission to enter or remain granted for more than three months.\n\nThe Foreign Office also updated its travel advice for Thailand, another tourist hotspot for Britons, early on Wednesday \"due to the escalation in the Middle East”\".\n\n\"Escalation in the Middle East has caused widespread travel disruption, including airspace closures, delayed and cancelled flights,\" it said.\n\n\"Your travel plans may be affected, even if your destination is not in the Middle East.\"\n\nElsewhere, the UK Maritime Trade Operations Centre (UKMTO) said a vessel had been struck by a projectile off the coast of Fujairah in the UAE.\n\nIt said in a mystery \"projectile\" had damaged the vessel's steel plating, but there had been no fire or water intake, while all its crew were reported safe.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**_More to follow..._**\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **",
"title": "First UK charter evacuation flight to leave Middle East in just hours after 130,000 Britons sign up"
}