External Publication
Visit Post

Britain advises against ‘non-essential’ travel to Israel and Palestine amid fears of US-Iran war

Home: Latest & breaking News | GB News [Unofficial] February 27, 2026
Source

The Government has advised against "all but essential" travel to Israel and Palestine amid mounting concerns over security in the Middle East.

The Foreign Office has issued the travel warning to Britons as tensions continue to grow between the US and Iran.

It earlier said some UK diplomatic staff and their dependents had been moved from Tel Aviv to another location in Israel.

The travel guidance reads: "Due to ongoing regional tensions, we recommend against all but essential travel to Israel and Palestine.

TRENDING

Stories

Videos

Your Say

"We continue to recommend against all travel to parts of Israel and Palestine.

"We have taken the precautionary measure to temporarily move some of our staff and their dependents from Tel Aviv to another location within Israel.

"Our Embassy continues to operate as normal. The situation could escalate quickly and poses significant risks.

"The situation could escalate quickly and poses significant risks.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

  • Britain withdraws embassy staff from Iran as fears of US attack grow
  • Winston Churchill's statue in Parliament Square vandalised by pro-Palestine protesters
  • Man who burned Koran outside Turkish consulate wins bid against CPS in latest court battle

"Regional tensions may cause international borders (air and land) to close."

The move follows talks between the US and Iran over its nuclear programme ended without agreement.

President Donald Trump has previously threatened to take military action against Iran if it does not reach a deal on its nuclear programme and the US has spent the last month amassing a fleet of aircraft and warships in the region.

Iran has in turn threatened to attack Israel, raising the risk that military action could trigger another regional war.

US ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee today told his staff they could leave the country if they wanted to, warning that flights might not be available “over the coming days”.

Yesterday, Sir Keir Starmer said the UK was focused on “supporting the political process” between the US and Iran.

The Prime Minister emphasised Britain's support for diplomatic efforts in a call with Saudi leader Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

A Downing Street spokesman said: “On Iran, the Prime Minister emphasised the UK’s focus remains on supporting the political process ongoing between the US and Iran.

“He added that Iran must never be able to develop a nuclear weapon and security in the region must be a priority.”

**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...