{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreicvwnixsxsirhobmjf23ubc3lygzubw7772nqgqkr3briecegkybi",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mfqx6s3evxe2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreidojs2t6fas3wazy3dzlr7exqhhokqmoy47mwdku46rq675zutebi"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 71118
  },
  "path": "/sport/tennis/emma-raducanu-mark-petchey-indian-wells",
  "publishedAt": "2026-02-26T09:52:38.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Lando Norris' ex-girlfriend sends message to F1 star as she breaks silence following split",
    "Women's pro golf tour responds after trans player sues for being excluded",
    "Laura Woods hits out at 'baffling' comments from journalist after Winter Olympics row",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nEmma Raducanu is set to reunite with Mark Petchey for the Indian Wells Masters 1000 event, bringing back a familiar face as she seeks to revive her 2026 campaign.\n\nThe British No 1 ended her partnership with Francisco Roig, who previously guided Rafael Nadal, following a difficult opening to the season.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAmong the setbacks was a second-round elimination at the Australian Open, prompting the 23-year-old to reassess her coaching arrangements.\n\nAccording to The Times, the former US Open champion will receive temporary guidance from Petchey at the California tournament, despite ruling out any permanent appointment in the near future.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nSince parting ways with Roig, Raducanu has been collaborating informally with British former professional Alexis Canter, who was in her corner during her run to the Transylvania Open final earlier this month.\n\nThe 23-year-old, who was announced as a global brand ambassador for Uniqlo this week, made clear that securing a permanent coach is not her immediate focus.\n\nCanter will continue working alongside Raducanu, with the player emphasising the value of his familiarity with her game and personality.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"He knows me as a person,\" she said on Tuesday.\n\n\"He knows me as a player. And I've actually had some success with him in the past year in Washington and Cluj... so it's going well.\"\n\nPetchey, who has also coached Andy Murray, first began working with Raducanu in 2020.\n\n### LATEST SPORTS NEWS:\n\n\n\n\n  * Lando Norris' ex-girlfriend sends message to F1 star as she breaks silence following split\n  * Women's pro golf tour responds after trans player sues for being excluded\n  * Laura Woods hits out at 'baffling' comments from journalist after Winter Olympics row\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThey also reunited in March last year at the Miami Open, which forms part of the \"Sunshine Swing\" alongside Indian Wells.\n\nDespite juggling his broadcasting commitments, he guided her through an encouraging spell on clay and grass, culminating in a quarter-final appearance at Queen's and a competitive match against world No 1 Aryna Sabalenka at Wimbledon.\n\nTheir four-month collaboration ended when Petchey assisted Raducanu in selecting Roig as her next coach.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nBeyond the professional relationship, Raducanu shares a close personal connection with Petchey, counting his daughters Nicole and Myah among her friends.\n\nAt Wimbledon last year, she described him as having been \"everything\" for her.\n\nPetchey has maintained his support for Raducanu even outside their formal coaching arrangement, revealing in January that the pair remained in regular contact.\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"I'll help her forever,\" he told The Big T podcast. \"I'll take a bullet for her.\"\n\nThe decision to bring back Petchey reflects Raducanu's desire to surround herself with trusted figures as she aims to rediscover a more liberated and attacking style of play.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHer promising showing in Romania, where she reached the final in Cluj, was followed by disappointment at the Dubai Open, where illness forced a first-round exit.\n\nIndian Wells now represents an opportunity for the 23-year-old to build momentum heading into the spring hard-court swing.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **",
  "title": "Emma Raducanu links up with familiar face for a third time as Indian Wells creeps closer"
}