External Publication
Visit Post

Major police update issued on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrest after officers raid Royal Lodge

Home: Latest & breaking News | GB News [Unofficial] February 24, 2026
Source

Thames Valley Police has concluded its searches at Royal Lodge, Andrew Mounbatten-Windsor's former residence.

Searches were conducted after the former Duke of York was arrested for misconduct in public office.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: "Officers have now left the location we have been searching in Berkshire.

"This concludes the search activity that commenced following our arrest of a man in his sixties from Norfolk on Thursday (19/2)."

TRENDING

Stories

Videos

Your Say

Mr Wright continued: "We understand the significant public interest in this case, and our investigation remains ongoing.

"It is important that our investigators are given the time and space to progress their work.

"We will provide updates when it is appropriate to do so, but this is unlikely to be for some time."

Police had been searching Royal Lodge over the weekend, after concluding their search at Wood Farm, where Andrew is currently living, on February 19.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

  • MPs agree to release files relating to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's appointment as UK trade envoy
  • Andrew's siblings put on united front as King and Anne step out together
  • Woman claims 'Royal Family bank cheque was used to pay for naked massage she gave Andrew'

Andrew was arrested on Thursday and spent 11 hours in police custody before being released under investigation.

The former prince, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK's trade envoy.

Andrew was pictured slouched in the back of a vehicle on Thursday evening as he left Aylsham police station in Norfolk.

His brother, the King, said that "the law must take its course" after expressing his "deepest concern" over the arrest, which came after millions of files were released by the US Department of Justice in relation to the Epstein scandal.

Andrew, who is eighth in line to the throne, was detained on his 66th birthday following allegations that he shared reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore with disgraced financier Epstein.

He has denied any wrongdoing over his Epstein links, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.

An NPCC spokesman has told GB News that they alerted Home Office operational colleagues, as is routine practice, not Thames Valley Police.

The statement read: "In line with routine practice, the National Police Chiefs' Council alerted operational colleagues within the Home Office of the arrest.

"This gave 30 minutes' notice before Thames Valley Police made the arrest."

It is understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed before the arrest.

The Prince and Princess of Wales are understood to support the King's statement, which read: "As I have said before, they (the police) have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course."

Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...