{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreifpfcyknftjs7vqo65q4o4y2vtxq75pt6ygoojg7fs6uzfcwenop4",
"uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mfaffjeoysc2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreietbmc6enpec4m6czrpd7dtvakovdssjxzq4wkwn6myn24kqxvn34"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 83195
},
"path": "/celebrity/whoopi-goldberg-name-epstein-files-actress-ghislaine-maxwell",
"publishedAt": "2026-02-19T19:03:15.000Z",
"site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
"tags": [
"Janet Street-Porter shares real reason for saying yes to FIFTH marriage at 79: ' Too embarrassing!'",
"Emily Carver weighs in as GB News viewers spot distracting change in Patrick Christys appearance",
"David Attenborough fans call for national bank holiday as BBC unveils major 100th birthday plans",
"suspended her for two week",
"The GB News Editorial Charter"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\nWhoopi Goldberg has publicly responded to her name surfacing in the Jeffrey Epstein documents released by the Department of Justice, rejecting any suggestion of a connection to the convicted sex offender.\n\nSpeaking on the February 17 edition of The View, the award-winning actress told viewers: \"In the name of transparency, my name is in the files.\"\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe television host was clear to distance herself from Epstein, saying on the programme: \"I wasn't his girlfriend. I wasn't his friend.\"\n\nShe added the release of the documents had sparked online backlash, admitting she is \"getting dragged\" over it.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe only direct link between Ms Goldberg and Mr Epstein discovered in the files was an email dated May 8, 2013.\n\nIn the correspondence, an unidentified sender enquired whether Mr Epstein would be willing to lend his aircraft for Ms Goldberg's travel to Monaco.\n\nThe message explained the actress required transport to attend an event organised by the White Feather Foundation, an environmental and health charity established by Julian Lennon.\n\nThe sender noted the charity was covering costs but preferred a private owner rather than a charter service.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nWhen asked if he would offer his plane, referred to as he GII, Epstein's response was a brief: \"no thnaks (sic).\"\n\nMs Goldberg stressed that she never boarded any aircraft belonging to Epstein, declaring: \"No, I didn't get on the plane.\"\n\nHer co-host Joy Behar observed the situation demonstrated how \"anybody can be on this list\", given the broad nature of the document collection.\n\nThe actress expressed frustration at the public response, stressing \"people actually believe that I was with him\".\n\n### LATEST DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n * Janet Street-Porter shares real reason for saying yes to FIFTH marriage at 79: ' Too embarrassing!'\n * Emily Carver weighs in as GB News viewers spot distracting change in Patrick Christys appearance\n * David Attenborough fans call for national bank holiday as BBC unveils major 100th birthday plans\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nShe pointed out her romantic history has always been public knowledge, adding: \"Every man that I've ever been with, you've known about him.\"\n\nMs Goldberg also criticised the erosion of factual standards, remarking: \"You used to have to have facts before you said stuff.\"\n\nFellow co-host Sara Haines quipped Ms Goldberg \"was too old for him\", a reference to Mr Epstein's documented preference for young victims.\n\nThe EGOT holder had previously tackled similar speculation during a January 2024 broadcast of The View.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nAt that time, claims circulated that she had visited Epstein's private Caribbean island in the US Virgin Islands.\n\n\"Apparently, they said I was on the island. And I don't go anywhere,\" she remarked then.\n\nA review of the released documents confirmed Ms Goldberg has not been accused of any wrongdoing in connection with Epstein.\n\nThis is not the first time The View panelist has had to defend herself on air.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIn January 2022, Ms Goldberg sparked controversy on The View by claiming the Holocaust was \"not about race\" but \"man's inhumanity to man,\" saying it involved \"two groups of white people.\"\n\nHer remarks were widely condemned by Jewish organizations, including the Anti-Defamation League and the Auschwitz Memorial, as both dangerous and historically inaccurate.\n\nMs Goldberg issued an apology on X and repeated it on The View the next morning, but after doubling down in an interview with Stephen Colbert, criticism intensified.\n\nABC News President Kim Godwin suspended her for two weeks, saying she needed time to \"reflect and learn,\" and Ms Goldberg later apologised again in December 2022 and early 2023 when the issue resurfaced.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter**",
"title": "Whoopi Goldberg addresses fact her name is in Epstein files as actress sets record straight"
}