{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreidls4brk2dx5cf5rmfcgdh3o4gzwxah5y4e6vyzjyveqf5c5owayu",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3mfaff7lpkjw2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiesc3k22cvk6p5btim2xk5pmijq6n3i4wv6yl5towlqeiocgfddwa"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/jpeg",
    "size": 66130
  },
  "path": "/royal/andrew-mountbatten-windsor-released-police-station-pictures-car",
  "publishedAt": "2026-02-19T19:26:21.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in back of car as former royal released from police station",
    "King Charles outlines his 'deep concern' after Andrew",
    "Home Office informed of Andrew's arrest in advance but not King Charles",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\nAndrew Mountbatten Windsor has left Aylsham Police Station in a vehicle, on the same day he was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.\n\nThe former royal was pictured reclining in the back seat of a car after a day of questioning in police custody.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThames Valley Police told GB News: \"Thames Valley Police is able to provide an update in relation to an investigation into the offence of misconduct in public office.\n\n\"On Thursday (19/2) we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"The arrested man has now been released under investigation.\n\n\"We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded.\"\n\nMr Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office over his ties to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.\n\nThe former prince, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHis brother, the King, said “the law must take its course” after expressing his “deepest concern” over the arrest, which came after millions of files were released by the US Department of Justice in relation to the Epstein scandal.\n\nThames Valley Police previously said the force was reviewing allegations after emails released as part of the trove of documents appeared to show the former duke sharing reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore with the disgraced financier.\n\nAndrew’s arrest on Thursday, on his 66th birthday, followed pictures of officers in attendance at his home on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, with police seen gathering outside Wood Farm.\n\nIn the afternoon, several police officers were standing nearby, close to a private entrance to the estate.\n\n### LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS\n\n\n\n\n  * Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in back of car as former royal released from police station\n  * King Charles outlines his 'deep concern' after Andrew\n  * Home Office informed of Andrew's arrest in advance but not King Charles\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nSearches also took place at the Royal Lodge, Andrew’s former home in Windsor, Berkshire, where multiple vans carrying uniformed officers arrived on Thursday afternoon.\n\nAndrew has denied any wrongdoing over his Epstein links, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.\n\nIt is understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of the arrest.\n\nThe Prince and Princess of Wales are understood to support the King’s statement, which read: “As I have said before, they (the police) have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”\n\nThe King carried on with his duties as monarch in the wake of Andrew’s arrest by continuing with his planned ambassadorial in-person audiences in the Throne Room at St James’s Palace.\n\nHe was later met with questions about his brother while arriving at an engagement in the Strand area of central London, hours after issuing his statement. Charles did not respond to questions.\n\nThe Queen also did not respond after being asked: “Are you concerned about Andrew’s arrest, your majesty?” during an engagement in Westminster.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **",
  "title": "Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in back of car as former royal released from police station"
}