{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreiaxrhctg6faa6eq4wil4s63fulixcvwx3yrz7ckmdvdbxvhap4twu",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:oznbnvgr7dmvddiyvr7dih52/app.bsky.feed.post/3meskqlz3a5x2"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreifrfb4ch5j75elhmhyaojgj7423krgdqbkk2zrspci44x5gxzu2tu"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 299976
  },
  "path": "/politics/rupert-lowe-restore-britain-political-party",
  "publishedAt": "2026-02-14T06:06:57.000Z",
  "site": "https://www.gbnews.com",
  "tags": [
    "received the backing of Elon Musk",
    "Keir Starmer to rage at Reform UK and Brexit in front of world leaders in major address",
    "Sadiq Khan issues strongest hint yet he will run for FOURTH term as Mayor of London",
    "Peter Mandelson ordered to testify in US investigation into Jeffrey Epstein links",
    "replaced as Reform's deputy leader with Richard Tice",
    "also backed by Elon Musk",
    "denied Advance would \"split the Reform vote\"",
    "The GB News Editorial Charter"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\n\nIndependent MP has launched his Restore Britain movement as a new political party.\n\nIn a statement last night, Mr Lowe said he had had \"no other choice\" than to convert the movement, behind an independent grooming gangs inquiry, into its own party.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nThe launch as a national political party comes almost a year after his exit from Reform UK over allegations of bullying, which he denies.\n\nAs a movement, it received the backing of Elon Musk - a few months after it was reported the tech tycoon would consider supporting a \"credible party to the right of Reform\".\n\nAnd on Saturday, Mr Musk told followers to join the party because Mr Lowe \"is the only one who will actually do it\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nTRENDING\n\nStories\n\nVideos\n\nYour Say\n\nRestore Britain is now expected to act as an umbrella political party, with locally based political parties as its partners.\n\nMr Lowe himself is set to stand again in his constituency with local party Great Yarmouth First, which will be a partner for Restore Britain.\n\nIn a launch video, he said his party would not include \"failed ministers\" or those \"tainted by failures of the past\" in an apparent swipe at Reform's Tory defectors.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nHe added that nothing had shaped his thinking more than Restore Britain's independent probe into the rape gangs - which he said had been created only \"because the political system itself would not act\".\n\nMr Lowe went on to pledge that his party would field \"hundreds of qualified candidates from outside the existing political establishment\" at the next General Election.\n\n\"They will not be failed ministers. They will not be politicians. They will be men and women who have succeeded in their own fields, and want to deliver a better Britain,\" he said.\n\n### LATEST POLITICS HEADLINES:\n\n\n\n\n  * Keir Starmer to rage at Reform UK and Brexit in front of world leaders in major address\n  * Sadiq Khan issues strongest hint yet he will run for FOURTH term as Mayor of London\n  * Peter Mandelson ordered to testify in US investigation into Jeffrey Epstein links\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\"This will be an entirely different way of doing politics. Restore Britain will be the national umbrella organisation, and we will work with local parties to deliver local priorities for local people.\n\n\"Patriots from Reform, Conservatives, Advance, the SDP and more are welcome to join us - and invitations have already been issued.\"\n\nTop Tories Susan Hall and Sir Gavin Williamson had long backed Restore Britain during its time as a \"movement\", and were involved in its advisory board.\n\nBut Sir Gavin suggested he would end his involvement after the switch.\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n###\n\n\n\n\nIt is understood that Ms Hall, the Conservative leader in the London Assembly, is also leaving Restore Britain's board.\n\nAnother former Reform UK figure, Ben Habib, launched his own rival party Advance UK last June.\n\nMr Habib had been replaced as Reform's deputy leader with Richard Tice in 2024 when Nigel Farage rejoined ahead of the election.\n\nThat was also backed by Elon Musk, who said: \"Advance UK will actually drive change. Farage is weak sauce who will do nothing.\"\n\nMr Habib told GB News that he and Mr Musk had been in contact since that January, but denied Advance would \"split the Reform vote\".\n\n###\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **",
  "title": "Rupert Lowe launches Restore Britain as political party with plan to stand 'hundreds of candidates' at next election"
}