External Publication
Visit Post

Prince William demanded Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be banished from Royal Family

Home: Latest & breaking News | GB News [Unofficial] February 13, 2026
Source

Prince William demanded Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor be banished from the Royal Family "before the rot set in".

As revealed by Russell Myers in his new book, William & Catherine: The Intimate Inside Story, the Prince of Wales appealed to his father, King Charles and Queen Elizabeth II to take action following the former Duke of York's BBC Newsnight interview.

Andrew has been in the headlines following his connections to Jeffrey Epstein, in which he has always denied any wrongdoing.

The former prince appears to be mentioned several times across the release of more than three million documents by the US Department of Justice.

TRENDING

Stories

Videos

Your Say

In September 2025, Andrew attempted to make conversation with William outside Westminster Cathedral after attending the funeral of Katharine, Duchess of Kent.

The former duke broke into laughter while standing next to William, who looked visibly uncomfortable and embarrassed.

The Prince of Wales appeared to try distance himself from Andrew during the moment.

Following the release of the documents, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor's conduct.

"While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.

"As was previously stated, Their Majesties' thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse."

Thames Valley Police has confirmed that allegations of misconduct in public office relating to Andrew remain at the "assessment" stage, with no decision yet taken on whether to open a full criminal investigation.

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: "We can confirm today (11/2) that Thames Valley Police is leading the ongoing assessment of allegations relating to misconduct in public office.

"This specifically relates to documents within the United States Department of Justice's Epstein Files. As part of this assessment, we have engaged in discussions with Specialist Crown Prosecutors from the CPS.

"We will provide updates as and when they are available, but at this stage it would be inappropriate to discuss further specifics of this work."

More to follow...

Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...