External Publication
Visit Post

King Charles breaks silence on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's links with Jeffrey Epstein as Palace vows to support police probe

Home: Latest & breaking News | GB News [Unofficial] February 9, 2026
Source

King Charles has broken his silence on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's links with Jeffrey Epstein.

A Palace spokesperson has said: "The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct.

"While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.

"As was previously stated, Their Majesties’ thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse."

The statement comes just hours after a member of the public heckled King Charles during his visit to Clitheroe, Lancashire, this morning, shouting questions about his brother’s links to Epstein.

The incident occurred as the monarch was meeting well-wishers at the town's train station, where he had been speaking with royal supporters, when a man called out from behind the gathered crowd.

"How long have you known about Andrew and Epstein?" the heckler demanded of the King.

The incident in Lancashire marks the second time that the monarch has been heckled about his brother's actions this week.

A similar incident followed in Essex earlier in the week.

The Prince and Princess of Wales also spoke out on Andrew just hours before Prince William landed in Saudi Arabia for an important trip.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said on behalf of Catherine and William: "The Prince and Princess of Wales have been deeply concerned by the continued revelations.

"Their thoughts remain focused on the victims."

The Prince and Princess of Wales became the second and third members of the Royal Family to publicly address the newly released Epstein files.

LATEST ROYAL NEWS

  • Prince William tours At-Turaif alongside Saudi Arabian Crown Prince
  • Meghan Markle outfit appears to send a hidden message as Duchess of Sussex wears bespoke gown
  • Mike Tindall expected to snub Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after travelling to California

The statement from the King comes after the newest batch of Epstein files has increased pressure on the Royal Family, as Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson feature heavily.

The most highlighted finding shows, a man, believed to be the former Duke of York, looks at the camera while a woman, whose face is redacted, lies on her back between his arms.

In a separate photo, the man has his hand placed on her torso.

The individual, thought to be Andrew, is barefoot, wearing jeans, a white polo shirt, and a silver watch.

Another person is shown in the background with their bare feet resting against a table while sitting on a leopard chair.

Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...