External Publication
Visit Post

'Major crime' - Police issue chilling new update in search for missing Australian boy Gus Lamont

Home: Latest & breaking News | GB News [Unofficial] February 5, 2026
Source

The disappearance of Gus Lamont has been declared a major crime by the South Australia Police (Sapol) in a crucial update overnight.

Representing Task Force Horizon, Detective Superintendent Darren Fielke said they have "found no evidence to suggest he merely wandered off".

Mr Fielke added that they have reviewed 706 square km by air, and 5.47km by foot, where "95 per cent of four to ten year olds are found in here".

He said that Sapol have ruled out abduction, due to the remoteness of the location and work done by investigators.

TRENDING

Stories

Videos

Your Say

Mr Fielke said that all family members were initially cooperating with the investigation, but the police force found "an number of inconsistencies and discrepancies" in their timeline of events.

"A person who resides in Oak Park Station has withdrawn their support for the police and no longer cooperating with us," said Mr Fielke, and added that after a search conducted on 14 and 15 January, this person is now a suspect.

He said Gus's parents are not suspects in the case.

The boy went missing from his family’s remote sheep station in South Australia on September 27.

He was last seen playing on a dirt mound around 5pm on his grandparent’s homestead at Oak Park Station, located roughly 300km northeast of Adelaide.

His disappearance was first noticed by his grandmother, Josie, when she attempted to call him inside after 30 minutes.

It was reported to the police three hours later.

A search involving hundreds of volunteers, police, and military personnel then ensued, but he was not found at the time.

The only trace found was a single footprint 500 metres from the homestead, which police have since cast doubt on.

South Australia Police announced in October it had scaled back the search “following medical experts advice that there was little hope for us to find Gus alive”.

At the time of his disappearance South Australian Assistant Police Commissioner Ian Parrott said they believed Gus wandered off and was not kidnapped.

READ MORE FROM AUSTRALIA:

  • Boy, 13, who swam four hours to save family 'couldn't get help from foreign people on beach'
  • Australians declare VICTORY over woke activists after country’s youths come out to back national day
  • Popular Australian festival cancelled after mass pro-Palestine meltdown

In October, a 4.5 metre deep dam was drained to allow for a “comprehensive visual search”.

3.2 million litres of water were removed from the dam, but no evidence of what had happened to the missing boy was found.

In November, South Australia Police announced it would search six mineshafts near Oak Park Station, nearly two months after Gus’s disappearance.

But a day later they confirmed they had not found any evidence.

Police divers have searched all ponds and water tanks in the area.

Police have discounted several other theories related to his disappearance, including theories he was taken by animals.

Gus was described by family as a “shy but adventurous child”.

He was said to be a “good walker” - but had never previously left the property.

**Our Standards:The GB News Editorial Charter **

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...