{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreieqtua5rkonf6nwkf5hdeisvpke354u6mxpmpi2jv2kidpct5khce",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mm3nwbfcdpi2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreie4oyzwx4uvxg5iy7yri2zf7nqsnpkhbuayphnhbpsztxj5uajvji"
},
"mimeType": "image/png",
"size": 294770
},
"path": "/partner/iran-us-no-tangible-concessions",
"publishedAt": "2026-05-17T12:32:00.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"tags": [
"nuclear negotiations",
"demand for Iran",
"unprecedented, offensive, surprising and tumultuous scenarios"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nIranian media reported on Sunday that the United States failed to make any concrete concessions in its response to Iran's proposed agenda for nuclear negotiations. The _Fars_ and _Mehr_ news agencies both said Washington's reply risked deadlocking the talks, as the U.S. sought major rollbacks from Iran while offering little in exchange.\n\n#### What did the U.S. propose in its response to Iran's nuclear talks offer?\n\nThe U.S. presented a five-point list that included a demand for Iran to keep only one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States. Washington also refused to release Iranian frozen assets abroad or pay war reparations, and conditioned a ceasefire on all fronts on the start of formal negotiations.\n\n#### What was Iran's original proposal in the negotiations?\n\nIran's proposal, outlined by the foreign ministry last week, called for an end to the war on all fronts, including Israel's campaign in Lebanon. It also demanded a halt to the U.S. naval blockade on Iranian ports, in place since April 13, and the lifting of all U.S. sanctions alongside the release of frozen Iranian assets.\n\n_Fars_ reported that Iran's proposal had also emphasized Tehran's continued control over the Strait of Hormuz, a vital energy corridor that has been largely closed since the war began on February 28.\n\n#### Why are the Iran nuclear negotiations at risk of collapse?\n\n_Mehr_ news agency said the U.S. position would lead to an impasse, arguing Washington was seeking concessions it had failed to secure during the war itself. The agency said the U.S. offered nothing meaningful in return, making a negotiated agreement difficult to reach under current conditions.\n\n#### What has Iran's military said about a possible U.S. attack?\n\nOn Sunday, Iranian armed forces spokesman Abolfazl Shekarchi warned U.S. President Donald Trump against resuming strikes on Iran. He said that if Iran were attacked again, the U.S. would face \"unprecedented, offensive, surprising and tumultuous scenarios,\" according to Iranian state television.",
"title": "Iran says US offered no tangible concessions in nuclear talks response"
}