{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreigbianjzkkguaumsmspht6arpqap77olwoyfw7r2tbnlr4kga2mnu",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mkom6ebsa732"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreicdle5bv64zcpwhdw7jisscdo4lgnb6ro2rf2pit5ieuutaeoqd6q"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 76942
},
"path": "/partner/trump-warns-iran-to-get-smart",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-29T12:09:26.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"tags": [
"warning came",
"latest proposed deal",
"US naval blockade"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nPresident Donald Trump warned Iran on Wednesday to accept Washington's demands for strict controls on its nuclear program or face a continuing US naval blockade of its ports.\n\nThe warning came as Pentagon chief Pete Hegseth prepared to testify before Congress, and as reports emerged that Trump had already rejected Iran's latest proposed deal.\n\n#### What did Trump demand from Iran on the nuclear deal?\n\nTrump demanded Iran submit to tight controls on its nuclear program as a condition for lifting the US naval blockade. He posted on Truth Social that Iran \"can't get their act together\" and does not know \"how to sign a non-nuclear deal.\" The message, paired with a combative image and the slogan \"No more Mr Nice Guy,\" signaled a hardening US position.\n\n#### What does the Wall Street Journal report say about the blockade?\n\nAccording to the Wall Street Journal, Trump intends to maintain the blockade of Iranian ports until Tehran is forced to dismantle its nuclear program entirely. Iran's latest proposal, passed to Washington via Pakistan, would have seen Tehran ease its grip on the Strait of Hormuz in exchange for a lifting of the retaliatory blockade while broader negotiations continued. Trump is reported to have rejected that approach outright.\n\nIran has controlled the strait, a critical conduit for Gulf oil and gas exports, since the US and Israel launched the war two months ago. The closure has sent shockwaves through global energy markets and squeezed Iran's own economy. On Wednesday, the Iranian rial fell to historic lows against the dollar.\n\n#### How is the Iran nuclear war affecting oil prices and the global economy?\n\nBrent crude is sitting at around $113 per barrel, above the level recorded before a brief ceasefire was announced in early April. West Texas Intermediate has broken $101. Trump faces mounting domestic pressure to find an exit from the conflict, with midterm elections due in November and polls indicating the war is unpopular with American voters.\n\nGerman Chancellor Friedrich Merz added to that pressure on Monday, saying the Americans \"obviously have no strategy\" in Iran and calling the war \"at the very least ill-considered.\" Trump responded on social media by saying Merz \"doesn't know what he's talking about.\"\n\n#### What is Iran saying about the nuclear talks?\n\nIran's defence ministry spokesman Reza Talaei-Nik said Washington \"must abandon its illegal and irrational demands,\" adding that the United States is \"no longer in a position to dictate its policy to independent nations.\" An Iranian army spokesman told state TV that Tehran \"does not consider the war to be over\" and has \"no trust in America.\"\n\nThe spokesman, Amir Akraminia, said Iran retains \"many cards\" it has not yet used, including new tools and methods developed from the experiences of the past two conflicts. Qatar, a US ally hit by Iranian strikes despite its role as mediator, warned of the possibility of a \"frozen conflict\" if no definitive resolution is found.\n\n#### What did Trump say to King Charles about Iran's nuclear ambitions?\n\nAt a White House state dinner on Tuesday, Trump told Britain's King Charles III that Iran has been \"militarily defeated\" and declared that the two sides would \"never\" allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon. Violence has continued on the war's Lebanese front despite a recently extended ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah. The Lebanese army said Wednesday that an Israeli strike killed one of its soldiers in the south, the first confirmed fatality since the ceasefire began.\n\nTehran residents speaking to AFP journalists in Paris described a deepening sense of despair over the repeated cycle of negotiations and worsening economic conditions. One 52-year-old architect, speaking anonymously, said that every round of talks has only brought more sanctions. \"There's no talk about people, the economy, or freedom,\" he said.",
"title": "Trump warns Iran to 'get smart soon' as US blockade tightens nuclear pressure"
}