{
  "$type": "site.standard.document",
  "bskyPostRef": {
    "cid": "bafyreia43wzvpwdnf3szic5yx37eoyfiyps5lqhhm233vwibuosmjozfmy",
    "uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mkj5s6mgx422"
  },
  "coverImage": {
    "$type": "blob",
    "ref": {
      "$link": "bafkreiczpxz53qlsxmiinbmbxfaalsqovt27rwxrr7cthputtohh2wlx7y"
    },
    "mimeType": "image/png",
    "size": 220121
  },
  "path": "/partner/trump-meets-advisors-iran-hormuz",
  "publishedAt": "2026-04-27T18:39:30.000Z",
  "site": "https://nukta.com",
  "tags": [
    "Tehran's offer",
    "negotiations deferred",
    "standoff"
  ],
  "textContent": "\n\n\n\nU.S. President Donald Trump met with his national security team on Monday to discuss an Iranian proposal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, the White House confirmed.\n\nThe meeting came as broader negotiations over the Iran war continued, with Tehran's offer reportedly tied to lifting mutual blockades ahead of any talks on its nuclear program.\n\n#### What is Iran's proposal on the Strait of Hormuz?\n\nIran's proposal would see both sides lift their blockades of the strait, with nuclear negotiations deferred to a later stage. U.S. outlet _Axios_ reported the offer ahead of the White House meeting. Two anonymous U.S. officials told _ABC News_ the deal fell short of Washington's red lines.\n\n#### What did the White House say about the Iran proposal?\n\nSpokeswoman Karoline Leavitt confirmed the meeting but declined to say whether Trump would accept the offer. \"Only because it's been reported, I will confirm the president has met with his national security team this morning,\" she said. She added that Trump's red lines on Iran had been made \"very, very clear\" to both the American public and to Tehran.\n\n#### Why does Rubio say Iran's stance on the Strait of Hormuz falls short?\n\nSecretary of State Marco Rubio said Iran's conditions for reopening the strait did not meet U.S. demands. He rejected any arrangement requiring ships to coordinate with Iran, pay fees, or face attack.\n\n\"They cannot normalize a system in which the Iranians decide who gets to use an international waterway, and how much you have to pay them to use it,\" he said in a _Fox News_ interview.\n\nThe Strait of Hormuz is a critical global chokepoint through which a fifth of the world's oil and liquefied natural gas normally transits.\n\nIran has maintained effective control of the waterway since the war began, while the U.S. has imposed a separate naval blockade on Iranian ports. The standoff has driven energy prices higher and disrupted global shipping.",
  "title": "Trump meets national security team to discuss Iran's Strait of Hormuz proposal"
}