{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreihfish6zbymjry3xhlhzuzdqpuipwnegei7ydygfchvd6e5xxlf64",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mjvhi76favi2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreihx3hrrktyctkrmoaugpeafxstmfdwwvdiaxht7nxjigsoe3b7y4e"
},
"mimeType": "image/png",
"size": 265045
},
"path": "/partner/trump-says-us-delegation-heading-to-pakistan-for-iran-talks-warns-of-strikes-if-no-deal",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-19T13:01:35.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"tags": [
"View this post on Instagram",
"A post shared by Nukta Pakistan (@nukta.pakistan)"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nDonald Trump said Sunday that U.S. negotiators will arrive in Pakistan on Monday to resume talks with Iran aimed at ending the conflict, while warning of military action if no agreement is reached.\n\nIran and the United States, along with Israel, are three days away from the end of a two-week ceasefire that halted the Middle East war started by surprise US-Israeli strikes on Iran on February 28.\n\nThere has so far been only a single, 21-hour negotiating session held in Islamabad on April 11 that ended inconclusively, though groundwork for fresh talks continued afterwards.\n\nIn a social media post, Trump said he was offering Iran “a reasonable deal” but warned that if Tehran refuses, “the United States is going to knock out every single Power Plant, and every single Bridge, in Iran. NO MORE MR. NICE GUY!”\n\n“Iran decided to fire bullets yesterday in the Strait of Hormuz — A Total Violation of our Ceasefire Agreement! Many of them were aimed at a French Ship, and a Freighter from the United Kingdom. That wasn’t nice, was it? My Representatives are going to Islamabad, Pakistan — They will be there tomorrow evening, for Negotiations,” he wrote.\n\nHe added that Iran’s move to close the Strait of Hormuz was unnecessary, saying a U.S. blockade had already halted traffic. “They’re helping us without knowing, and they are the ones that lose with the closed passage, $500 Million Dollars a day! The United States loses nothing,” he said.\n\nTrump also said ships were rerouting to U.S. ports, adding, “We’re offering a very fair and reasonable DEAL, and I hope they take it.”\n\n> View this post on Instagram A post shared by Nukta Pakistan (@nukta.pakistan)\n>\n\nAuthorities announced road closures and traffic restrictions across the city, as well as in neighboring Rawalpindi.\n\n_AFP_ journalists saw armed guards and checkpoints near Islamabad's most secure hotels -- the Marriott and the Serena.\n\n\"Citizens are earnestly requested to cooperate with the security agencies,\" a city official posted on X.\n\nEarlier, Masoud Pezeshkian questioned why Iran should give up what he called its “legal right” to a nuclear program.\n\n“How come the U.S. president declares that Iran should not use its nuclear rights but does not say why?” he said, according to a statement from the presidency. “How in the world is he trying to deprive a nation of its legal rights?”\n\nTensions remained high around the Strait of Hormuz, a key route linking Gulf oil supplies to global markets, as negotiations between Tehran and Washington continued without a breakthrough.\n\nIran said it would not reopen the strait until the United States lifted its blockade of Iranian ports. Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf said there had been “progress” in talks but acknowledged major gaps remained. “We are still far from the final discussion,” he said.\n\nA two-week ceasefire is due to expire Wednesday unless extended.\n\nShipping traffic through the strait has dropped sharply, with only a few vessels passing during a brief reopening on Friday before Iran reversed course after Trump reaffirmed the blockade.\n\nIran’s Revolutionary Guards warned that vessels attempting to pass without permission could be targeted. Security incidents were reported, including gunfire at a tanker and damage to another ship from an unknown projectile.\n\nIndia said it had summoned Iran’s ambassador over a “shooting incident” involving two Indian-flagged ships.\n\nDiplomatic efforts continued, with Egypt expressing optimism about reaching a deal soon. However, a major sticking point remains Iran’s stockpile of near-weapons-grade enriched uranium.\n\nTrump said Iran had agreed to hand over about 440 kilograms of enriched uranium, a claim Tehran denied, insisting the material would not be transferred and had never been part of negotiations.\n\nIranian foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei on Sunday said the blockade was \"a violation\" of the ceasefire\" and illegal collective punishment of the Iranian people.\n\nThe previous delegation was led by Vice President JD Vance and included Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff, who led the aborted pre-war talks.\n\nVice President JD Vance will not lead the US delegation for new talks with Iran in Pakistan, President Trump told _ABC News_ on Sunday, citing security concerns -- despite top officials suggesting Vance would make the trip.\n\nEarlier in the day, both the US envoy to the United Nations, Mike Waltz, and Energy Secretary Chris Wright had indicated that Vance would lead the round of negotiations in Islamabad from Monday.\n\n\"It's only because of security,\" Trump told _ABC News_ of the reason Vance is not making the trip. \"JD's great.\"",
"title": "Trump says US delegation heading to Pakistan for Iran talks, warns of strikes if no deal"
}