{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreibq2ur7quzsxmhzojzhsnzdhh32yrfjgho7dl2jipgkkpq4oxvfia",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mizevkamut62"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreid44i63hyl3jol4jjhafxd5rhemksysl3icqgd7lj7o7pcls6wtqq"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 68405
},
"path": "/partner/trump-says-no-enrichment-of-uranium-in-iran",
"publishedAt": "2026-04-08T15:21:36.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"tags": [
"Middle East war"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nUS President Donald Trump said Wednesday there will be no enrichment of uranium by Iran, and that the countries will work together to \"dig up and remove\" nuclear material buried by US strikes last year.\n\n\"The United States will work closely with Iran, which we have determined has gone through what will be a very productive Regime Change!\" Trump posted on his Truth Social platform hours after he proclaimed a two-week ceasefire in the Middle East war.\n\n\"There will be no enrichment of Uranium, and the United States will, working with Iran, dig up and remove all of the deeply buried (B-2 Bombers) Nuclear 'Dust,'\" he added, apparently referring to the aftermath of US strikes against Iranian nuclear facilities last year.\n\nThe statement marked the latest announcement by Trump after he backed off a threat to inflct devastating strikes on Iran -- which he has accused for years of seeking to develop nuclear weapons.\n\nThe deal for a two-week ceasefire includes the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, a vital shipping lane for oil and a fulcrum of the nearly six-week-long war.\n\nIn June 2025, US forces struck three nuclear sites in Iran -- Fordo, Natanz and Isfahan -- with powerful bunker-busting bombs dropped from B-2 stealth bombers.\n\nTrump at the time claimed the operation \"obliterated\" Iran's nuclear capability and set back its nuclear program by decades.\n\nBut the exact extent of the damage is unknown. Prior to last year's strikes, Iran was enriching uranium to 60 percent, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency.\n\nThat is far higher than necessary for civilian reactor levels, and close to the 90 percent required to build a nuclear weapon.\n\nWhile Western powers and Israel have long accused Iran of seeking to acquire atomic weapons, Tehran denies it.\n\nTrump also said that as part of engagement with Tehran, \"we are, and will be, talking Tariff and Sanctions relief with Iran.\"\n\nBut he warned against anyone supplying military weapons to Iran, threatening 50-percent US tariffs, \"effective immediately,\" on countries that do so.\n\nAccording to Iranian state media, the plan proposed by Tehran calls for the lifting of sanctions that are stifling the country's economy, and stipulates that the United States accept Iran's uranium enrichment, a demand at deep odds with Washington's stated position.",
"title": "Trump says 'no enrichment' of uranium in Iran"
}