{
"$type": "site.standard.document",
"bskyPostRef": {
"cid": "bafyreigbx5flqbq4agt25szncz574yji3zkqgvrzatgvzpvnbqdrbyilje",
"uri": "at://did:plc:neqfhinxgjyy6qagpbcb6wfe/app.bsky.feed.post/3mifb5afyf7i2"
},
"coverImage": {
"$type": "blob",
"ref": {
"$link": "bafkreiai5dogm47b667pmdyfhjzkxjfyifokyxe57uk56yuc6j5biwcsau"
},
"mimeType": "image/jpeg",
"size": 152753
},
"path": "/china-pakistan-propose-five-point-plan-to-de-escalate-middle-east-tensions",
"publishedAt": "2026-03-31T13:55:54.000Z",
"site": "https://nukta.com",
"tags": [
"pic.twitter.com/E3qOU2VhjC",
"March 31, 2026",
"View this post on Instagram",
"A post shared by Nukta Pakistan (@nukta.pakistan)",
"@MIshaqDar50",
"pic.twitter.com/UU62BIukfT",
"@ForeignOfficePk"
],
"textContent": "\n\n\n\nChina and Pakistan have jointly proposed a five-point initiative aimed at restoring peace and stability in the Gulf and Middle East, Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday after a high-level meeting in Beijing.\n\nThe proposal followed talks between Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Pakistan’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar, who arrived in Beijing earlier in the day on an official visit at China’s invitation.\n\n> 🔊PR No.8️⃣5️⃣/2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣6️⃣\n>\n> Five-Point Initiative of China and Pakistan for Restoring Peace and Stability in the Gulf and Middle East Region (Beijing, March 31,2026)\n>\n> 🔗⬇️ pic.twitter.com/E3qOU2VhjC\n> — Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Pakistan (@ForeignOfficePk) March 31, 2026\n\n### Call for ceasefire and dialogue\n\nAccording to an official statement by Pakistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, both sides called for an immediate cessation of hostilities and urged all parties to prevent further escalation.\n\nThey stressed the need for unhindered humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected areas and said diplomacy remains the only viable path to resolving the crisis.\n\n> View this post on Instagram A post shared by Nukta Pakistan (@nukta.pakistan)\n>\n\n\n\n\n### Sovereignty and civilian protection emphasized\n\nThe joint initiative underscored the importance of safeguarding the sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of Iran and other Gulf states.\n\nBoth countries urged all stakeholders to begin peace talks and refrain from the use or threat of force.\n\n\n\n\n> Deputy Prime Minister/ Foreign Minister, Senator Mohammad Ishaq Dar @MIshaqDar50 is received by Foreign Minister of China, Wang Yi at the Diaoytai State Guest House for their bilateral meeting. pic.twitter.com/UU62BIukfT\n> — Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Pakistan (@ForeignOfficePk) March 31, 2026\n\n\n\n\nThey also called for the protection of civilians and non-military infrastructure, emphasizing adherence to international humanitarian law. The statement warned against attacks on critical facilities, including energy installations, desalination plants, power infrastructure and peaceful nuclear sites.\n\n### Focus on shipping routes and global trade\n\nChina and Pakistan highlighted concerns over the security of global shipping routes, particularly the Strait of Hormuz, a key corridor for global trade and energy supplies.\n\nThey called for ensuring the safety of vessels and crews and for the swift restoration of normal maritime traffic through the waterway.\n\nConcerns have grown internationally about potential disruptions to maritime flows amid ongoing fighting in the region.\n\n### Support for UN-led multilateral framework\n\nThe two countries reaffirmed the central role of the United Nations in addressing the crisis and called for “true multilateralism.”\n\nThey urged the international community to work toward a comprehensive and lasting peace framework in line with the UN Charter and international law.\n\nChina described its relationship with Pakistan as an “all-weather” strategic partnership and said both sides would coordinate closely on regional security issues.\n\n### Rising tensions and diplomatic efforts\n\nDar’s visit comes amid heightened tensions following U.S.-Israeli strikes on Iran on Feb. 28 that triggered ongoing fighting.\n\nOn Sunday, Dar hosted counterparts from Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Turkey in Islamabad for talks aimed at ending the conflict, according to Pakistani officials.\n\nPakistan has said it is ready to host “meaningful talks” between the United States and Iran, while both Islamabad and Beijing have called for de-escalation.\n\nChina, a key partner of Iran, has not announced any military assistance to Tehran and has repeatedly called for a ceasefire.\n\nIran has not acknowledged official talks with Washington but conveyed a response to a reported 15-point plan by U.S. President Donald Trump through Islamabad, according to an anonymous source cited by Iran’s Tasnim news agency.",
"title": "China, Pakistan propose five-point plan to de-escalate Middle East tensions"
}