External Publication
Visit Post

PCB fines Naseem Shah PKR 20 million for central contract and social media breaches

Nukta [Unofficial] March 30, 2026
Source
The Pakistan Cricket Board has fined Naseem Shah PKR 20 million for breaching multiple clauses of his central contract and the board’s social media guidelines, according to an official press release issued on Monday. The PCB said the decision was taken after a disciplinary committee reviewed the matter, including Naseem’s response and personal hearing, noting that while he offered an unconditional apology, the violations were established and warranted a financial penalty. The board also confirmed that his social media adviser has been terminated and blacklisted from working with any players under its jurisdiction. The incident stemmed from a social media post involving Chief Minister Punjab Maryam Nawaz, who attended the HBL Pakistan Super League 2026 opener as chief guest at Gaddafi Stadium last week. Naseem’s account had quote-posted a PCB update and wrote: “Why is she treated like the Queen at Lord’s?” The post was deleted within minutes and replaced with a message claiming the account had been hacked and later recovered. Naseem, who plays for Rawalpindi Pindiz, one of the PSL’s new franchises, made the post ahead of the opening match, which also drew attention due to the presence of dignitaries despite earlier indications from PCB chairman Mohsin Naqvi that matches would be held without spectators amid fuel conservation measures linked to the West Asia crisis. Maryam Nawaz arrived at the venue under heavy security and was seen interacting with officials and players from both teams, including Lahore Qalandars and Hyderabad Kingsmen. Reiterating its stance, the PCB said it remains committed to upholding professional standards, enforcing contractual obligations and safeguarding the integrity of the game.

Discussion in the ATmosphere

Loading comments...